Wednesday, May 13, 2009

S cubed!

Everything I want to write about today starts with the letter S.

How odd!

First Andrew woke up this morning saying his throat had been hurting all night. It was on fire and he had taken everything we had in the house. Then he came out of the bathroom and said there was blood when he coughed. Needless to say, he called for an appointment with our doctor today. The verdict...Strep!! Then I learn that one of my cousins we were with Saturday had it last week and one has it now. Wonder where he got it?? Just praying that I don't get it. I may sleep on the couch tonight to avoid it. Just don't want to miss Shawna's wedding or school at this point.

School- my Daddy is going back. I can't even begin to express how happy and excited I am, let alone how proud I am of him. He was laid off back in March and recently received a letter saying that his job would pay for him to go to school for two years. They pay EVERYTHING. If he needs so much as a pencil or calculator they will pay for it. I've been praying he would take advantage of this great offer. Mom just told me that he went today to a local community college to take a placement test. They are trying to get his paperwork ready by Friday so that he can start summer classes on June 3. He only found out about it a few hours before he had to be there so I think he was a little nervous. Don't know why - I know he will do great!!!

Dad, I'm so proud of you for going back. I know that can be a scary thing.

And lastly - Simple Life. I haven't done a Simple Life post since before I left for DC and that was in March. They will be back soon. I'm not sure that I will do them on such a regular schedule though. It may just be when I feel led to spend time with that book. God has been showing me several things lately and has really been working on me. I feel like he is showing me my ministry in this life and I'm loving all he has planned for me. I look forward to becoming more and more complete as a Christian. I will share more on this later. Right now I'm still reading and praying and listening.


Love you all!! God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more Simple Life posts!

    Hope Andrew gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete