Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Weekend has now come and gone. Although I am not yet a mother, this is still one of my favorite weekends of the year. While I hope she knows she is loved every day of the year, this weekend is dedicated to my favorite lady...My Momma! Next to my hubby, my momma is my very best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. There isn't very many days that go by that I don't talk to her on the phone or email her.

Andrew and I got up Saturday morning and headed to Maple Springs to spend the day with my Momma. As always, I had such a good day just hanging out with Mom. Someday I will convince her and Daddy to move closer to me. :)

In the middle of celebrating Momma, we took a break to celebrate Seth. My BABY brother is turning 22 this month. His fiance hosted a surprise birthday party for him on Saturday. We actually surprised him. I absolutely love my baby brother. And yes I realize that at 22 he is not a baby anymore. But those of you are big sisters understand how I feel I'm sure. I am thankful for him. He is a very talented young man. And I just adore Ashlee. She is such a sweetheart. Little brother did good.

Sunday morning, we began our morning with church. This is how we begin every Sunday and I absolutely love it. There is no better way to start your week than with your brothers and sisters in Christ praising God and learning more about his word. This week we started a series on the book of Colossians. I'm looking forward to this. I have never really studied this book before. Yesterday, Cary said something that really hit me. Andrew and I have decided it was time to get out of debt. It is going to be a slow and somewhat painful process, but it is one that needs to be done. Cary was talking about how he doesn't want to leave a mess for others to clean up when he is gone. This really spoke to me. If something happened to Andrew or me or both of us we would be leaving a huge financial mess for our loved ones. I do not want to do this. It just made me want out of debt even more. More on that later.

Yesterday evening we went to Jill's house to celebrate Mother's Day with the Weaver Clan. I wasn't going to go at first. I wasn't feeling too well. However, Andrew drove off without Jayna and Jessica's birthday presents. Oops. Since I had to take those over I decided to stay. Having my own car helps. Andrew always wants to stay much much later than I do. :)

I'm so glad I went. I love my in-laws. They are wonderful loving people. I was glad I was able to see Momma B on Mother's Day and be there to give her the gift we purchased.

Momma B even got me a little something. First she made the sweetest card on her computer for me. It stated that someday I'll be a mommy but for now I'm a "puppy" mommy. I loved it. She also got me a cute pair of flip flops. Thanks so much for that Momma B! It was so sweet of you to think of me.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about your brother. I am having a hard time watching Ethan grow up. I cant believe I used to change his diaper and wipe his nose....and this summer he is taking drivers ed!!! ahh!

    ReplyDelete