Thursday, May 28, 2009

Penny for your thoughts

Today was the last "official" day of school. Tomorrow and Monday are Semester Test days and Tuesday is for anyone to make up a semester test. School is pretty much over. I am so ready for my summer break. In my whole three years of teaching, I've never been this ready.

However, I had tears in my eyes as I said goodbye to two of my students today. I am going to truly miss these two young ladies. They are very special people. I have learned a lot from the test students. One of them is honestly the most caring and thoughtful person I think I've ever met. She lost her older brother in a tragic gun accident a few years ago. He would have graduated this year...very sad story. She is just so tenderhearted. You can't be around this young lady and be in a bad mood. She has been very uplifting this year.

Anyway, I hope they stop by and visit often next year. But with school coming to a close, my projects for the summer seems to be growing longer and longer. First on the list is paint. I want to paint my kitchen and living room area a golden color. I'm hoping to sweet talk Andrew into doing crown molding in there so that I don't have to paint next to the ceiling.

There are many more projects at home. And of course I always get super excited about the upcoming year and tend to overwhelm myself with new ideas and planning.

So there it is... my thoughts for the day.

Oh and while I've heard about Adrian Rogers before, I have recently began listening to him on the radio while I drive to work. I really enjoy it. He reminds me of hearing my father-in-law preach, which I miss greatly!! So if you are looking for some good preaching listen to some Adrian Rogers.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are ready for your break!

    I promise I'm going to get that paint color. I have pregnant brain, so you may have to remind me again.

    Adrian Rogers could preach. He was Daddy's hero. He loved watching him on tv and listening to his preaching. He would definitely take your comparison as a compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete