Friday, May 15, 2009

ERRRRR!!!!

Yes that title means I'm clenching my teeth and growling. So back in March the rumor was that we would be adding a fourth 6th grade teacher next year. I knew I wanted a change. I was tired of 7th and 8th grade Science so I told my principal I was interested in the 6th grade position. Then we learned that we would not be adding the fourth teacher.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. One of the three 6th grade teachers took a different position in our school so there was once again a 6th grade opening. At this point, I have already received my change for next year. I will be doing all of the 7th grade science still but instead of 8th grade science I will have half of the 7th graders for history. I'm super excited about this. I love history.

Anyways, my principal offered the 6th grade position to me. I thought about it over a weekend and decided I was happy with my 7th grade position. I also learned that next year there is a huge possibility of me being able to teach 8th grade history. This is my dream job. So I told my principal I was staying in 7th and have been planning like crazy every since then.


Fast forward to today. She calls me in her office and ask why I don't want to teach 6th grade. I tell her why. She then proceeds to tell me that things aren't working out they way she wants and she needs me to teach 6th grade. She asked if I would be willing to do it for one year if she needed me to. What was I to say? I said yes.

I was telling the 6th grade teacher that is moving about it. Apparently we have a fourth grade teacher who wants the 6th grade position, she just hasn't made that clear to the principal. She is supposed to call tonight and say she wants it.

So all that to say...right now I have no clue what I'm teaching next year but I'm praying that I get to stay with 7th grade. I'm also praying that my principal will tell me her decision very very soon.

Hope that story makes sense.


Have a great weekend. Love you all.

E

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you too. Whatever happens you can be sure it is in God's plan for you.Blessings! Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know I read your blog every day - my only advice, take it one day at a time and let it be an adventure that God is leading you into. You are in His hands - He will give you the very best for you. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete