Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I'm still somewhat in awe at how this particular holiday has changed as I have gotten older. When I was little Thanksgiving was as big of a deal as Christmas to me. It's not that way anymore. It doesn't seem like Thanksgiving is this big hoopla anymore.

I had a two day work week this week which was SUPER nice. I'm truly enjoying this five day break. Things have just been so crazy busy. It's nice to just stop for a brief moment.

Wednesday I spent the day running errands. I had to pick up everything I needed to take to our two Thanksgiving gatherings. Why I wait until the day before to go to Wal-Mart is beyond me. It was of course crazy in there. You just have to be patient and kind. You can't be in any kind of hurry. I even went to Wal-Mart twice because as soon as I was back in my car and on the interstate after the first trip, the husband called and informed me I need to go back.

Wednesday evening we had dinner with the husband's family. I ran out without my camera. As soon as Jill post some pictures, I will steal them and share with you.

I did manage to take two picture with my phone.

My family always has chicken & dumplings on Thanksgiving. In fact, I dare say that it is the main course, not the turkey. My sweet husband does not understand this at all and absolutely refuses to eat dumplings on Thanksgiving. I have been counting down the days to my dumplings all week on facebook. When we arrived at Jill's Wednesday night I was surprised and absolutely delighted to find that my sweet mother-in-law, Belinda, made me chicken & dumplings. Didn't I tell you I had the best in-laws? They were very good!

And this is me and my sweet niece, Millie. Though I know this girl can smile with the best of them, she is always so solemn around us. Guess that is what happens since she isn't around us all the time. :(


Yesterday morning (Thanksgiving) we got up and headed to Batesville to spend the day with my family. More chicken and dumplings!!! We spent most of the day there. I really enjoyed the time. I actually took a few pictures there, but you will have to wait until later. I can't find my cable to get them off my camera.

I got up this morning around 7:30. I like to go out, but I don't want to get up crazy early. There isn't anything I really need that badly, but I can't seem to just stay home either. I managed to score a few good deals and was home by 10. I picked up a Christmas present for the husband that was unexpected, but I couldn't resist. I'm actually excited about his Christmas this year. He is so hard to buy for because he likes things that I know nothing about (tools & electronics) and is very particular. He also just doesn't get excited about gifts the way I do. But this year, I have a couple of things that I think he is really going to like.

I bought a few things for me to. I have recently discovered that I love jeans from New York & Company. They normally run between $45 and $50. I'm sorry, but I just can't pay that for jeans. But I got a pair for 60% off this morning so I was pretty excited.

Now I'm home resting while I can. The husband is about to put me to work. I just want to get the tree up, but he wants to do home improvement projects. UGH!!

Ready for tomorrow. Big day! My Hogs take on LSU for the boot!

WOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOIE!!!


Oh and can I just say that today is my Momma's birthday!!! She is the best. Love you Momma!!

1 comment: