1. Eating with braces is pretty much the most disgusting thing ever. EVERYTHING seems to get trapped somewhere in the braces.
2. It may just be me but I find myself to be more self-conscious about my braces around my family. I haven't even thought about them when facing my husband, students, or co-workers. But in the past few days I've been around family for the first time since getting braces. I found myself wanting to hold back laughs and say very little. I didn't want them to see my braces or my gaps.
3. I cannot imagine having these things on my bottom teeth - but I guess I'll experience that in a few days.
4. Since starting the conversation about getting braces I find that I notice people's teeth a lot more. It has become the first thing I notice about people - not just strangers but everyone.
5. Having someone tell you that you can't eat certain food or you will risk breaking a bracket only makes you want to eat those foods - even if you don't normally eat them.