Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Beginning of Christmas....

This past weekend I got to spend some time with my mom and dad and quite a bit of other family. Every year my Granny Taylor (dad's grandma) has a get together for her family. This is year it was on the same day as Weaver Christmas with Andrew's extended family. So we drove up together and then went our separate ways. I really enjoyed getting to see family that I don't see very often anymore. I particulary enjoyed visiting with a cousin who has always been more like a sister to me. Love you Sam!! She is growing up into a very beautiful and intelligent woman. She cracks me up. She is actually terrified of my little brother. :) Apparently he lets her know when her actions are what he finds appropriate. Go Seth!! I love to hear that he does this.

After we ate, I went Christmas shopping with my Daddy. We've done this ever since I can remember. It is just the two of us out shopping for Mom. When I was younger, I hated it. Pure torture. Now, I treasure the time together. I love my daddy!!

So this was the first of many gatherings for Christmas this year. Tonight I'm heading up to my mom's again. She and I are going to bake Christmas cookies. Tomorrow I will have lunch with my aunts and uncles (her brother and sister) at my Mommoms. Then I will drive back to LR for church and then Andrew and I will head back to my mom's sometime between 12 and 1 AM - I KNOW!! We will have Christmas with my mom, dad, and brother tomorrow morning and then come back to have Christmas with his mom and dad and brothers and sisters. Thursday night we will drive over to Uncle K and Aunt S's for more Christmas and then sadly it will all be over.

Why does it have to come and go so quickly??

Me and my Daddy


With my Momma


Me and my sweet Granny Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of your family. You are so blessed. Have a great Christmas! Kathie

    ReplyDelete