Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Great Day!

I woke up this morning in hopes that school would be delayed. I didn't want it to be cancelled because that would mean adding days to the end of the year putting us in school in June. YUCK!! I checked online and watched the news. Every school in the area was cloesd. Every school, but mine that is. We have a phone tree for bad weather and I still hadn't received "the call" either. I kept telling Andrew as soon as I shower and get good and woke up they will call. Sure enough, no sooner than I had put shampoo in my hand, my cell rang. School was cancelled for the day.

I ended my shower, put my pjs back on and got back in bed with my two sweet puppies. I watched about an episode and a half of Saved By the Bell before I fell back asleep. We slept until 9:30 and then got up and made pancakes.

I had a million things on my to do list today. I had planned to wrap presents, finish folding and putting away the laundry, get the dishes done, clean up our bedroom and the back bedroom (we have an appraiser coming this week), work on a Christmas present for Andrew, get some grading and planning done for school, and the dogs need a bath. Out of all that I got a few presents wrapped, the laundry folded and put away - although I'm still doing doing laundry and I got quite a bit done on Andrew's Christmas present. I spent most of the day laying in bed with my sweet puppies reading. It was so nice!!! I think they enjoyed being home with me too. :)

So even though now I'm going to be in school in June, I really enjoyed my day off.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun unexpected treat! I'm sure the doggies enjoyed having their mommy home with them - on a school day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was yesterday not the best day to spend curled up in bed reading. I did the same thing I read Robby almost all his lil Bible yesterday.

    ReplyDelete