Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You asked...

and now I will answer!

Hannah asked...

Did you always want to be a teacher or is there something else outthere that you would rather do.
I jokingly say that I was teaching even in the womb. In other words, yes I've always wanted to be a teacher. The best Christmas gift I remember getting is a chalkboard on an easel. I forced my brother, cousins, and stuff animals to play school with me as a young child. Upon graduation there was no question about what I was going to do with the rest of my life. Is there anything else out that I would rather do? Well I won't say rather, but someday I think I would like to be a stay at home mom and homeschool my kids. I would also love to get paid to sit around and read all day. :) But I absolutely love teaching.

How do you stay so skinny, I would just love to be that small again.
Mmm. I don't know. Maybe it is because my diet is very limited. I'll tell you more about that in your next question.

What is your favorite food
LOL!! It cracks me up that anyone would actually have to ask this question. Chicken definitely. I stand a good chance at winning the world's most picky eater contest. I truly don't anything. I eat chicken and mac & cheese a lot!!!!

If you could live anywhere in Arkansas where would it be.
The answer to this question isn't a specific town. I would just love it if all my family could be in the same town. I am very happy where Andrew and I are now, just wish our parents were a little closer.

Do you like Andrews hair long or short?
Definitely SHORT!!!! LOL. I hate his long hair.

Annon asked, Can you sing?
I'm sorry but my smart mouth answer is yes I am physically capable of singing. LOL - comes from teaching teenagers. Okay so I absolutely LOVE to sing and in the privacy of my car I have the most amazing abilities ever. However anywhere else my singing is horrible. I really believe God didn't give me this gift because he knew I couldn't handle it. I honestly think that if I could sing, it would go to my head. I just sing as loud as I can in my car as often as I can. :)

Chelsey asked....

Why do you have a blog? What inspires you to update regularly?
Why do I have a blog? A person I love and admire very much started blogging. I thought it would be cool. I'm not really sure why I started other than I'm a follower. I update regularly because the more I blog the more people I learn actually read my blog. It's an easy way to allow my family to keep up with whats going on with me.

Have you seen the movie, Fireproof? If so, did you take the 40 Day Love Dare?
Andrew and I did see the movie Fireproof. We both highly recommend it to any couple, married or not, and whether or not you feel like your relationship is a good one. It will change you - it certainly did us. It really opens your eyes. We have not taken the 40 Day Love Dare. But maybe we will in 2009. I definitely want to see the movie again.

How often do you scrapbook? What is your favorite part about making albums?
Not nearly as often as I would like. I do much better when I'm making an album for someone else and I have a deadline. Andrew and I have been married for almost five years and I have yet to finish our first year of marriage. This is something I plan to start working on very soon. I want to finish that album, I want to scrap Liberty's first year with us as well as Liam's. My favorite part of making albums?? I have no idea. I love playing around with different layouts until I find what works for me. I do not have a lot of self esteem. Scrapbooking is one of the very few things that I feel like I do well - maybe because there aren't really any rules to it. It is relaxing to me. It's a time to get away from day to day stress and focus on the memories I've made during each moment of life.

How do you stay positive when so many things going on around us can bring us down?
I will admit that I'm not very good at this. I am a worrier big time. Matthew 6:34 was definitely written for me. :) One of the things I do is try to remember that verse. I also grab a pen and paper and begin listing my blessings. This helps tremendously. Andrew is also great help. He is a very literal person who doesn't care at all what people think. He's very practical. But he is also very good at just letting me vent and cry. I pray. We pray together.

Kathie asked...

Where do you scrapbook in your house, do you have a specific room or just all over?
I have a scrapbooking room. Of course I have to share it with my husband and his guitars and amps, but that is okay. I don't really mind. Drew built me a desk that goes from on wall to other - really nice. However, we pulled it out to put in flooring and it is still in pieces in the garage. He isn't pleased and wants to put something a little different back in. So for right now I'm scrapbooking on the dining room table.

How many albums have you completed?
I have completed 7 albums - all for other people as gifts. For myself, I've completed 0!! I inteded to finish up some tonight, but I didn't get my pictures ordered in time. So tomorrow I plan to scrapbook like crazy.

Do you memorize scripture?
Mmm. Not the way I should. I was for awhile, but then stopped. Something I plan to change in the upcoming year.
Do you ever attend Bible Studies?

When you scrapbook-do you go into Flow, like do you meditate or get lost in thoughts about the past?
I definitely get lost in my thoughts. I normally listen to music while I scrapbook and just sing, sing, sing. For me, scrapbooking is relaxing. It's me time!

Where have you traveled to?
Let's see I've driven through lots of states, but these are the ones I've actually stayed and visited in:
Branson, MO
St. Louis, MO
NYC
South Dakota
Kansas City
Destin, Florida
Montgomery, Alabama
Atlanta, Georgia
Livingston, Texas
Orlando, Florida
Nashville, Tennesee

What are your goals for the new year?
Here lately I have felt God working on me. I'm still a little unsure exactly what He is doing, but I definitely feel like He is doing something. So my goal this year is to figure what that is and accept it. I'm tired of hiding in my shell, staying in my comfort zone. Our country needs Jesus now more than they ever have. I want to give God my hands, my feet, my heart, my life and let him use me to take care of that need.
I also keep the goal of improving my teaching and learning more about my field. I never want to be satisfied with anything about my teaching. I want to continue to grow and improve. It is the ministry that God has given me and I want to do the very best I can with it.

What is the area of your life that you most need to improve on in 2009?
See above question - but I'll add a little to it. I want to be a better wife to my husband. He is my best friend and I love him so very much. I just want to be the best HELPmate that I can be. I want to add joy to his life and not be a hinderance.

1 comment:

  1. This list was great!

    Praying you reach all of your goals in 2009.

    Love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete