Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Time Is Here

I know it has been awhile since I've posted. I keep meaning to, but I've just been so busy. So let me warn you now, this is probably going to turn into a very long post. :)

We finally managed to get our lights, tree, and all decor up for Christmas. We finished it all last Wednesday night. One afternoon was spent putting lights on the house. This is primarily Andrew's job because I absolutely refuse to get on our roof. It terrifies me. My job is to bring out the string of lights and anything else he might need for the job. We do the classic red and green C9 bulbs. They went up much faster this year as Andrew made diagrams last year. So each strand of lights are in their own Wal-Mart sack with a diagram showing exactly where they go on the house. Above the garage door we hang a giant wreath with a big red ribbon that is covered in small red & green lights. I also have a 3ft lit tree on either side of the door. Andrew snapped a few pictures that aren't great, but here they are anyways.





Now for the inside. I bought some garland this year because I just love what Jill does in her dining room. Check out her blog to see it! Anyways I put mine over the opening between the kitchen and living room. Drew wrapped it in lights for me and I absolutely love it. You can also see four snowmen in the picutre. In the middle of them is an iron shaping (I guess) of the word peace.



Now on to my tree. My tree is absolutely full of lights! This year we have 2200 or 2300 lights on it, I think. We lost count. We tend to add lights every year. As far as the ornaments go it is a hodge podge. Below are a few pics of the whole tree and then some of my favorite ornaments.

The Tree!


The circles on this one are fuzzy.


And so are these polka dots. I love this ornaments!


This one I just bought this year. I just thought it was cool. Although Andrew says I have to stop buying ornaments or we are going to have to buy a bigger tree. :)




I got this one through an ornament exchange I did this year with PT. That is my teacher's discussion board. It was a lot of fun to do.


Yes, you are looking at a reese's ornament! Reese's is my absolute favorite candy so when I saw this ornament this year, I just had to have it. Last year, Andrew filled my stocking with Reeses - I had big one, little ones, and even those little pieces. :)






My W plate.


Every tree needs a Christmas pig. I actually have two of these thanks to a former student.


Okay one last thing for this post. I'll save the rest for a later post. Here a few pics from my guest bathroom. I have some artwork I made, but no pic of it yet, so that be here later.



3 comments:

  1. so cute. I did not go all out this year but it is only our 1st christmas im shur it will grow as the years go by and the kids get older. I love Reeses as well have you tried the Reeses Whipped so yummy ill have to bring you one sunday if you have not. I am hooked on them I get one each time we go to walmart and i behave and stay in budget lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is gorgeous! I love the outside lights. I wish we could do this but time always gets away from us and we never get around to buying or borrowing a ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Drew cracks me up, making a diagram...that is so him! I think he needs to start putting lights on my house too...I can't get Alex to get up there and do it. :)

    ReplyDelete