Thursday, January 1, 2009

Simple Life Day #1 Part 4

As I searched biblegateway for the word hospitality, a new perspective came to me. Luke 10:7 says Don’t move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay.

For the past three days the only way I've seen it offering hospitality, but what about accepting hospitality. Hopefully in your life time you have already to have the opportunity to do this. I hope that you have many more opportunities ahead of you as well.

I'll admit, for me accepting hospitality comes easy most of the time. Maybe that is because I only really remember accepting it from family and very close friends. However there are many accounts when someone will hold the door for me @ Wal-Mart or wherever. When I have both Liberty & Liam, I tend to be on the accepting end of hospitality quite often. They are a handful without Andrew to help me and I think that is obvious to the people around me.

I do, however, no people who have a very hard time accepting hospitality. They don't like people to pay for their meal, help them carry something, etc, etc. I often ask myself why they are this way. I just don't understand it. I have a student who doesn't have the best home life. He is a very sweet young man and will make you love him the instant you meet him. Teachers & students both have offered help to his father (single parent) several times. This dad gets angry when something is given to his family. He says he is the provider and doesn't need hand outs. Can you say pride? The only conclusion that I am able to reach is that people who just can not accept hospitality don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. They are still believing that they only need themselves.

How does this change how we offer hospitality? To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't think you can make someone accept hospitality. All you can do is offer it and pray. I do think that part of the problem is that there isn't enough people out there offering hospitality. It is very uncommon in today's society and that is very sad to me.

Okay that's it for today. I feel like this post was just rambling, but today I simply typed as things come into my head. I'm fairly certain there is something good in this post because I've searched biblegateway every day this week for hospitality and today is the first time I noticed Luke 10:7. I will have to go back and read this post later.

Tomorrow will be the last day for hospitality as far as I can see. I want Saturday & Sunday to be a little different. I'm not sure what it will be yet. Monday I will start Simple Life Day #2.

Also - I want to invite all of you to join me in the His Holy Name Challenge. This is hosted by Patter. It is a scrapbooking thing, but I encourage you to do the Bible Study even if you aren't into the scrapbooking thing. We are going to learn more about the God we serve and love. I am so excited. I am counting down the days until this Sunday when it will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment