Thursday, January 8, 2009

Long awaited evening

I have been looking forward to tonight all week long. It is the night for homegroup. I have been so excited about it. I haven't looked forward to a homegroup this much in such a long time. I don't know why I was so excited about tonight, maybe it was because 1/2 our members have been Africa for two week so it was the first homegroup in a while. Either way, I've been very excited. I've felt like I needed it more this week than normal.

I get home and am cleaning up and doing a bit of laundry. My bra gets stuck in the washer and I can't get it out. So when Drew gets home, he starts trying to get it out. He succeeded, but in the process sliced his finger. It bled for quite awhile - pretty bad. So then I feel horrible. He tells me to go get stuff to make spaghetti, which is another downer because I don't like spaghetti. So now, this night I've been looking forward to is ruined. I won't be able to enjoy myself.

Somewhere in the middle of my Wal-Mart run I realized how ridiculous I was being. This very minor stuff should not ruin my entire evening. I perk up and get up and start cooking.

It ended up being a great night. We laughed a lot!! We tend to do that when we get together. I love being with these people, because I can totally be myself. I can say what I'm thinking and not worry about offending someone. We are all like that. We can be so rude to each other sometimes because we love each other. Crazy I know.

We read Acts 3 & 4 and discussed being bold for what we believe in. Definitely something I struggle with. I worry too much about what other people think to be bold so it is definitely something I plan to start working on.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for making the evening enjoyable! So often I let things like that ruin my entire day. It is such a waste. I love reading your posts! They always get me thinking...

    ReplyDelete