Saturday, January 3, 2009

Five years ago today

I became Mrs. Andrew Weaver! It was a good day. Our wedding was small and simple, but perfect. I woke up a nervous wreck that day. I felt sick to my stomach all morning. That changed the moment they opened the doors for me to walk down the aisle. There at the end stood my best friend crying like a baby. :) We laughed through our vows because up until that point I swore I wasn't taking that man in sickness. He is a big baby when he is sick. LOL!! Then when they were ready to announce us husband and wife, AJ started crying again. I swear!! It was sweet. Our reception was a lot of fun. We are definitely those people who shoved cake into each others faces. I can still here Jill over to the side saying, "Drew, be nice!" LOL! We already knew what was about to happen despite her warning. Unfortunately my husband is a good foot taller than me, meaning his arms are much longer than mine. Because of that I never stood a chance of winning the cake fight. :)

It hasn't been an easy five years, but they've been good years. We've laughed and we've cried. We have crazy stories already in our five years. I'll save those for another time. God willing, we have lots more tears, laughter, and craziness ahead of us.

Today started off very slow. My dear sweet husband slept until 1:00 PM!! Yes, you read that correctly. When he finally got up and ready, I took him to the Clinton Library. I'll admit it was pretty cool. He really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we ate @ Appleebees which is standard anniversary stuff for us.

After our bellys were full it was off to see Marley and Me. I'm not sure why but I was a little disappointed in the movie. Everyone has been talking about how GREAT it is, and I think I just had it built up in my mind a little too much. It was good though. WE both cried. I'm sure Drew, like myself, was thinking about the day when we would go through that with our furbabies. I so dread the day Liberty passes. Liam too, but Liberty is my girl.

And let me just say today was beautiful!!!! So warm and nice. Then again it always is on January 3rd. Seriously! It has been for the past five years.

Now we are home and resting. Below are a few pictures from then and now.

One of our engagement pics







Our first Valentine's Day together. Andrew bought me my first laptop, which also came with these cool hats.

May '05

Drew's Birthday '06

Spring Break Retreat '06

Thanksgiving '07

Christmas '07

Today @ Clinton Library

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on 5 fabulous years! I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in Marley & Me. Perhaps I liked it more because I had read the book? I loved looking at your pictures. Love the styrofoam hats! Wishing you many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete