Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Mayhem

I feel like I have so much to blog about today. I can only hope that this all makes sense.


1. I will start with yesterday. Easter. Not the most beautiful weather for Easter Sunday, but still definitely a great day. It rained all day here. That didn't damper any of the fun and praising that happened. We started the day with church. Remember that I'm working with the kids this month. I have to admit that I was really bummed about having to do this on Easter. I really wanted to be in the service today. I don't know about service, but let me just tell you that God was definitely in the Journey Kids room. I had six of the sweetest little girls in the world. And oh my did they all look beautiful in the Easter dresses. We started with three songs. There is nothing sweeter than hearing those little voices singing songs. One girl particularly though, on the slow song, had her hands raised to her God and was singing so loud. I'm really surprised they didn't hear her in the nursery and in service. Towards the end of the song, with her hands still raised, she quit singing and was just talking to God. I couldn't help it. Tears definitely started flowing. Our lesson was about Thomas needing to see Jesus to believe that he had risen. I got to have two live baby chicks for this lesson. They were so cute and sweet. The girls loved them. Great lesson, Sara. :)

After church, I headed up to my Mommom's for chicken and dumplings. And I don't care what you say, my grandma makes the best chicken and dumplings. :) They are so incredibly yummy. I was able to visit with them for a couple of hours before heading back to have more yummy food with the in-laws. WE laughed, loved, and celebrated Andrew's birthday. Let me just go on record here and say that I have the absolute best in-laws in the whole world. No lie. I love them bunches. I could right many posts on the entertainment of the night - Jackson Luke dancing and making out with his mommy (he's one) and me spanking the nephews. Aww. You should have been there. :)

Few pictures from Easter





2. Project 365 - I'm behind. Like more than a week behind in pictures. Part of me says I'm too far behind and it won't be legit to take pictures now for all those days so I should quit. Plus my life isn't that interesting. It will be the most dull book ever. But I feel like I'm a looser if I quit. I'm breaking a commitment that I made to myself and I don't like that either. So I ask, if you were in my shoes would you quit or go back and take pictures?


3. That classroom of mine. We started testing today. Boring. While my students are testing I tend to daydream and brainstorm ideas for next year. Today's focus was classroom set up and decoration. I have seven round tables in my room instead of desk. I was thinking I would like it if I had tablecloths. Then because I will be teaching some social studies I thought - How could would it be if I could find some fabric that had maps on it and turn that into table clothes.

I also want to set up a little comfy area for kids to read. I want some carpet and lots of big pillows.

Both of these things can be made. If only I knew how to sew. So then I thought, how fun it would be to spend a couple days with my sweet mother in law this summer making these things while getting some sewing lessons.




Well I think that is all my thoughts that I wanted to get down. If you are still reading this, thanks. :) Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. It was a good day. :) Oh my goodness, Jackson Luke was hilarious. We have it on video too...I watched it this morning and laughed all over again! I forgot about him making out with his Momma. HA!

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your idea about using map fabric to cover the classroom desks. That is so creative. If you want more classroom decorations with a map theme, I suggest looking at this discount website for school supplies www.k12schoolsupplies.net

    In particular there is a spectacular classroom trimmer of antique maps by Frank Schaffer.

    ReplyDelete