Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Popcorn Ball and Journey Kids

Friday night, Student Council hosted The Popcorn Ball for grades 6-8. This was the first time I have ever been in charge of anything like this. And while it was a bit stressful and tears were shed, it was a lot of fun. The Popcorn Ball is a dance. Why is called that? That is what my kids came up with. We wanted a theme and we wanted something different. We tossed around several idea and this one seemed to be the easiest and the cutest. It's biggest contender was Boogie Night. Boogie Night lost due to its decorations consisting of boogers. I actually liked this one, but the girls thought it was gross.

Anyways, we stayed after school Friday to decorate our cafeteria. The kids did a wonderful job. The place looked great!! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera there with me to take any pics. :(

The dance started at 7:00. I wish you could have seen these girls. Oh my!! They were dressed to kill. They had their hair all done and their dresses were beautiful. I think I hosted a middle school prom. They were that dressed up.

Andrew came to help me out and brought my camera. I took a several pics. Below is a picture of one of the decorations the kids made. I thought they did an awesome job on it.



One of my students loves to make cakes. She always does an awesome job - both on the appearance of the cake and the taste. Her cakes our unbelievably good. I keep looking for an event where I need a cake so I can hire her. Here is a picture of the cake she made for us.



I also took several pictures of the kids getting their groove on. I don't feel comfortable posting those without permission though, so you will just have to take me word that they had an awesome time.




Now for Journey Kids.... Today was my Sunday working with Journey Kids. At least for a while. We work a month at a time and then rotate. I have really enjoyed my month. It has been such a blessing to spend time with these precious little girls. God has taught me through them. I will definitely miss this time. However, I've also missed being in the service and am looking forward to being in there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment