Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Get Rich Quick Scheme

Lately I have been thinking about ways I could make a little extra cash. Who isn't these days? Anyways, every day I have a new idea. I wanted to get an outside opinion on today's idea.



I made this to hang in my living room a couple of years ago. It was super easy to make. It is just scrapbook paper and chipboard (sort of like cardboard). The most expensive part was the frame because I chose to buy a nice frame.

I had my computer at school and during some down time a few students wanted to see some pictures of Liberty and Liam. As I was showing them pics of the dogs, I ran across this picture. The girls loved and were all asking me to make them one for their room. Ding!! Light bulb.

I can of course make them match anything since it is scrapbook paper. They can be as crazy or as plain as you want.

My question is how much would you be willing to pay for something like this. Like I said, the cost varies based on the frame. This is my favorite idea for extra cash so far and I guess I'm just curious if it is even worth pursuing.

7 comments:

  1. Definitely a creative idea...LOVE it! Not sure about what I'd be willing to pay - a couple of considerations like you mentioned the frame and the size. Don't know if this helps, but we(my parents' pharmacy) sell some framed Scripture in varying sizes -nice frames like that one and they can range anywhere from $15 to $35 depending on the size and artwork inside. You already have some potential buyers - I think I'd give it a whirl! I might be interested in one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say 30-50. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also have to consider your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course people would buy it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it would be great in children's name and to match the nursery:) in whihc people will pay between 30-50 dollars for some I have seen in painted color framesto matcher the room, for adults then more dressy and nice frames will for sur ebe more, I have a P E A C E pic that is spelled out longways in matted NICE frame that was a hundrend and something:) so there you have it, YES people will pay to see thier names and they woudl make wonderful house warming gifts ir closing gifts for agents to give when someone buys a home from them:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you decided anything? I say - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it would be a big seller, 35-50, maybe more. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete