Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yesterday and Tomorrow

Yesterday was Liam Bailey's birthday. At least it is the day we claim to be his birthday. We know he was probably born sometime in April, but we don't have an exact day since he was found on the street as a puppy. Andrew and I decided the middle of the month would be as good a choice as any so we chose the 15th.

He of course had no idea it was his birthday but we celebrated all the same. He got lots of love yesterday and last night for dessert he got a birthday ice cream cone. Don't worry it wasn't that much ice cream. I held him and let him lick off the cone for a few minutes to get a good picture. I'll post those later. Then I put him down to make Lib a cone too. I broke off the bottom part of the cone and put them in their bowls. Liam Bailey ate like all the ice cream at once. We looked up and he was just chopping on this huge ball of ice cream. From the look on his face, he had to have had puppy brain freeze. :) I felt bad for him, but it was pretty funny. :) So my little guy is one now. He is a big boy. LOL!


Now for tomorrow - my big guy is going under. Yep. Andrew's oral surgery is tomorrow morning at nine. Pray for me. :) Seriously, he isn't worried at all and I am glad for that. I worry about and then I tell myself that is silly. There is no need to worry, people have this done all the time so I quit worrying. Then I think if I don't worry then something will happen so I start to worry again. It is a vicious cycle. In the end, I know he will be just fine. I just hate that he is going to be in pain. I pray that he handles this as well as he thinks he is going to. I want the pain to be tolerable.


So, if it seems that I have left the blog world for the next few days, don't worry. I'm just trying to be a good nurse.

Have a good weekend!! Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Drew (and you) today. Get his pain meds immediately...like on the way home. He can sit in the car passed out (that's what I always did while Mom got mine). You'll need to keep them in him when you get home.

    Call me if you need anything, k?

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there to help - but I know you will take excellent care of my "baby". Let us know how it goes - we are praying.
    Mom and Big Man

    ReplyDelete