Thursday, March 4, 2010

Exhaustion and Excitment

Can I just say that this has been THE LONGEST WEEK!!! Honestly... I feel like I've lived through three weeks in this one week.

Part of it has been because I'm taking my personal day tomorrow and going to the EWomen Conference. I have been looking forward to it and you know how that can make a week drag by.

But it is mainly because I have been absolutely exhausted. I have come home every day this week, taken a hot bath, and gone to bed. I'm not even playing. I'm not getting good rest at night for reasons that are unknown to me. To add to that, I have literally been running all over our school for two days this week trying to keep up with my 7th grade students. We've been having our own version of Greek Olympics and Tuesday and Wednesday were scavenger hunt days. I am so out of shape. After Tuesday, my muscles were so sore. The hot bath and bed had me feeling good come Wednesday morning, or so I thought. As soon as I started running Wednesday, I was in pain again. Seriously. It has hurt to walk this week. Pathetic I know! The kids have had a blast though.

So between complete exhaustion and excitement, this week has lasted forever. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am that I do not have to go to work tomorrow. I have a ton to do in the morning before I head out of town, but I'm hoping to sleep in.

As for tomorrow, I am really looking forward to it. Going to a conference in another state alone is not something I thought I would ever be doing. I was bummed when I found out the husband wasn't going to be there and I would be alone. But now I'm actually looking forward to being alone after the conference. I've have been feeling like God is going to do something big at this conference and I'm going to need, no want, some one on one time with God after the conference.


On the vacation front, the husband came home yesterday telling about an island in Rhode Island he discovered.

Anyways... he was really excited about it. Apparently there is NOTHING to do there. The only school on this island is a one room school house where kids attend K-5. After that they ride the ferry to the mainland. I shot it down at first because after vacation I'm not going to have a choice but to lay around and read. I would like to do something a little more than that on vacation. But he was so excited. And we've never been there. And there's a beach. So maybe Rhode Island will be our vacation destination this year. We'll see.

For now I'm going to rest and try to work up enough energy to get some things done tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to go alone - but I'm glad you are going! It will be awesome! Have a good time and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did the conference go? i went last year and it was really great.

    ReplyDelete