Sunday, March 14, 2010

From Darkness to Light: My Past Week

It has only been a week since my last my post, but I feel like it has been months.

I never posted about the EWomen Conference in Tulsa because I could never find the words to describe my experience. It was wonderful and miserable all at the same time.

Then by Tuesday none of that mattered. Tuesday was by far the worst day of my life. Yes, I know that sounds dramatic, but it is the truth. I cried harder than I've ever cried on Tuesday. I'm talking sobbing until you make yourself sick. I felt like my body was turning inside out in attempt to comfort myself. Things were bad, very bad.

The week got much better by the time it was over. Things are sweeter now. I'm feeling more in love with my husband than I've ever felt. It's a different kind of love.

We have laughed together and smiled and shared secret glances over the past few days. I have felt like... I don't know how to describe it. I want to say like a young kid falling in love for the first time. Everything seems new and fresh. I've been on cloud 9 and have been smiling non stop for the past few days.

Friday night we went to an ROTC Alumni Ball. How fun!! We got all dressed up and surprised my uncle who was the guest speaker. He was also being inducted into the Hall of Heroes.

After dinner and the speakers, there was dancing. Being all in love, I asked the husband to dance and he actually obliged. :) So we danced to two or three songs. And let me just tell you I'm an awful dancer, but I had so much fun anyway. Other than being silly here at home, I had never danced with my hubby until Friday night. Don't worry. Pictures to come.

After the ball, the husband and I went bowling with my mom, dad, and brother. First game I won!! I bowled a 142, which I think is my best game ever. It upset me though because I was only 8 pins away from my 101 goal of bowling a 150. Lost the second game with a measly 82. :(


The week ahead of me is going to be a long one I'm afraid. It's the last week before Spring Break. I'm ready and I'm sure my kids are too.

I can't believe it is already time for Spring Break. Where has this year gone? I'm not ready to say bye to this group of 7th graders. They have been an absolute blast. Praying that next year's expereience will be just as great. Despite what I've heard and witnessed, I know that prayer can be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment