Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Longest Week

Benchmark Week. Standardized test all morning every day. This has to be the longest week of the year.

We are told not to sit down or read anything. Basically I walk around my room watching students take a test that I'm not supposed to read. It is exhausting.

I have come home every day this week completely exhausted. It's an exhaustion that I don't think you can truly understand until you have given the benchmark test.

It's awful! That may be a dramatic statement, but this week has been exhausting and just plain awful. I'm sorry. I don't know how else to describe it.

This week has also been very stressful. I have felt the stress and tension building up all week. I knew today that I was at my breaking point. I just felt like if one more little thing happened I was going to lose it and break into tears.

In fact, I actually did break into tears once I was at home. The tears came for no other reason than sheer exhaustion. Have you ever been like that?

I'm feeling a little better now, but I'm more than ready for tomorrow to be over with. Tomorrow is our longest day. We test from 8 to 12. YUCK!!


Okay... pity party over. Thanks for listening. Hopefully positive thoughts will be back very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment