Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A New Adventure


As the 2009-2010 comes to an end, we are starting to prepare for the 2010-2011 school year. That just seems crazy! There are going to be a lot of changes for us at HGMS next year. We are moving into a brand new building, which is very exciting. There is also going to be some shuffling of teachers. I am accepting a new challenge. I will be teaching seventh grade science and math next year.

I am more than terrified about teaching math. I am not a math person. It doesn't even come close to being my forte. Yet, I have to teach adolescents math next year and hopefully help them learn to love it and have confidence in that area. It is definitely going to take some work on my part.

I have confidence that with a little studying I can teach myself 7th grade math. If I can't then I know my hubby can. :) My concern falls to the classroom. My teaching style is hands-on in the classroom and very little to no homework. I have no idea how to do this with math. I have already begun looking for ideas.

I absolutely love my notebooks and want to incorporate them into math. That is what I'm focusing on right now. Trying to find a way to do notebooking with math. If anyone out there has any suggestions, please send them my way.

2 comments:

  1. Woah, ending the school year already?! When is your last day? We're not out until June 4 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete