Monday, June 28, 2010

The Countdown

In my twenty-six years of living, I have had a lot of countdowns. I've counted down the days until Christmas, summer break, the first day of school, vacations, my wedding, birthdays, and many more fun and exciting things.

In fact right now I'm counting down the days until I don't have to wear my surgical shoe anymore. It hasn't even been two weeks and that thing is already getting on my nerves. If I'm honest I'm counting down until September because after my surgical shoe, I'm stuck in tennis shoes for two months.

We've all counted down to something before. When I countdown to something it is because I'm anticipating that it is going to be fun and exciting. It is normally something good that I'm counting down to.

Yesterday morning at church, God reminded me of something I should always be counting down to, always be looking forward to.

An eternity with my Heavenly Father. Now I can't exactly countdown to the day when I will join him because I don't know the number of days I have left on this Earth. But I can definitely be looking forward to it. I can be living with that ending in mind.

God's word tells us this about Heaven: "I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:3-4

Being with God and his people, no death, no sorrow, no crying, no pain. Now that is something to look forward to. That is something to countdown to.

I want to start living with that ending in mind. The happiest ever after ending!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    How is your recovery going? Are you able to drive or anything?

    ReplyDelete