Thursday, June 3, 2010

Overwhelmed and Out of Control

Where do I even begin?

Today has been a hard day. I feel very overwhelmed. Andrew's Grandma Weaver went HOME to be with Jesus and her husband last night. I first met Grandma Weaver at Thanksgiving in 2001. I had only been dating Andrew for a couple of months at point, but he felt it was best for us to go ahead and meet each other's families at Thanksgiving. He said since we weren't serious, there would be no pressure. Anyways... we walked into Grandma Weaver's house for Thanksgiving and I met the entire town. LOL!! There was a lot of people in that small house. Mr. and Mrs. Weaver had eight children and those eight children had lots of children who had lots of children. I remember being in awe of how many people were there and finding it strange that Drew wasn't sure who some of them were.

I don't remember if I met Grandma Weaver as soon as we got there or late on in the day. I just remember her sitting in a chair in her living room and giving me the biggest hug EVER, like she had known me all her life.

That was only one of a handful of times I was around Grandma Weaver. In those few times of being around her, it was very obvious to me that she loved the Lord. I'm grateful that her family can be assured that she is in the arms of Christ right now, painfree and reunited with the love of her life.

Visitation is tomorrow night and the funeral Saturday. The husband is in Texas and it doesn't look like he will be finished there anytime soon. He is going to fly home Saturday for the funeral and then fly back to Texas for who knows how long.

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for me to be where I need to be over the next few days. He will leave his car in Texas which means he will neeed a ride Saturday. While I would definitely much rather have him by my side for visitation, I want to go and be there for my in-laws. I love them dearly and want to help them in any way I can. This means that I either have to drive the almost three hours to visitation tomorrow night and then come back to pick up my husband and return on Saturday or I have to leave my car at the airport for him and bum a ride tomorrow.
Just trying to get that worked out.

That wouldn't be a big deal, but school was chaotic today too. Because we are moving into a new middle school next year, teachers are being shifted around. The high school teacher who will be moving into my room was told she had to get out of her room immediately. She and all her stuff moved into my room today. And let me tell you SHE HAS A LOT OF STUFF!!! I don't mind this and I definitely don't blame her, but I just wasn't prepared. I didn't have my stuff packed and out of the way.. not that I really have any place to go. The new building isn't finished yet and won't be finished for a couple of months.

So between those two small things, my being tired, and my husband being gone for an undetermined amount of time, I'm just feeling stresed and overwhelmed.

However, even though I feel like everything is out of control right now, I wholeheartedly believe that God is still in control. He will carry me through the next couple of days and right on in to summer vacation. For that, I am thankful!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Grandma Weaver. I will be praying for your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Andrew's Grandmother. Your family will be in my prayers. Mybe Andrew could rent a car so that you can be with the family as much as possible?

    ReplyDelete