Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Part Two: My Fam

We spent Christmas Eve night with my parents and brother. Growing up, we always spent Christmas Eve lunch at Mommom's. We would then come home and Mom and Dad would open what Seth and I got them. When we were really young they would also open what they got each other so that Christmas morning was reserved for Santa only. As we got older they saved their gifts to one another for Christmas morning. Seth and I would open what we got each other as well as our gifts from Mom and Dad, again reserving Santa for Christmas.

Now that we are grown we open one gift from Mom and Dad as well as our gifts from each other. Mom and Dad do the same, one gift from each other and what Seth and I got them.

This year, since there was no Santa, we each opened one gift when we got back from Mommom's. We always do gift opening in an orderly fashion from youngest to oldest. So Seth opened one gift from Andrew and I. We got him three books, but one hasn't come in yet. It is very strange to buy books for my brother. Reading is a relatively new hobby for him.

I opened a Miley Cyrus cd. I've been obsessed with the song Party in the U.S.A. I listen to it over and over. Andrew opened a box of like 10 puzzles.

Mom opened her scarf from Andrew and I and Daddy opened a t-shirt from us.

Mom had a gift from Dad that was in a gift bag. Daddy, being a kit at heart, wanted so badly for Mom to open that gift. He kept asking her if she wanted to open her bag. Finally, he asked her if she wanted to open her plate. His hand immediately flew to his mouth. Oops. We all cracked up. My Daddy has never done this before. So of course, Mom had to open her plate. :)

After we finished opening gifts, Seth, Andrew, and I worked one of Andrew's puzzles. We chose one of the 300 piece puzzles so that we could finish rather quickly. Oh my goodness, the puzzle was so small.

Here is a picture of our final product.



Christmas morning Andrew and I opened our gifts to each other. He bought me the latest Tomtom to replace the one that got stolen. It has some pretty cool features. I'm ready to take a big road trip to get some real use out of it. Andrew like the shirts and hat that I got him.

Then we joined my Momma, Daddy, and Seth in the living room to open gifts.


Seth and I both got ipods. Seth got some video games and a movie or two as well. I got the Hannah Montanna movie, Up, and the Christmas claymation movies. Andrew got every season of The West Wing, another puzzle, and Night at the Museum 2. Mom got a digital camera and some diamond earrings. Daddy got a video camera and some little people for his train layout.

It was a great morning.

Mom made us cinnamon rolls why we all played with our new toys. Below are some pictures from the morning.






4 comments:

  1. i LOVE "party in the USA"!! :) enjoyed reading about your christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl! I forgot to mention that I changed my blog url to www.ourbellavida.blogspot.com - thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a nice Christmas, Elaina, and I am glad! Enjoy your break too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Christmas morning!!

    ReplyDelete