Friday, December 18, 2009

Gifts

A lot of gifts are bought and wrapped this time of year. Lots of gifts given and received. I absolutely love to give the people I love a little gift during this time of year.

God gave us such a huge gift through his son Jesus Christ. This gift comes from a love that our human minds will never be able to fully understand.

I hope that people see through the gifts Andrew and I are giving this year a little of the love we have for them. I am so excited to give our family and friends the gifts we have found for each of them.

Giving is such fun. But I'm not going to lie. I love to receive gifts too. Go ahead and call me selfish if you want. I'm just being honest. I think most people would agree that they like receiving gifts too.

My heart has been so deeply touched over the past few weeks by my students. I have received some of the sweetest most heart felt gifts. Just the fact that a 7th grader is willing to buy me a gift means a lot.

There is just something about seeing one of my students walk into my classroom with a gift for me and have such excitement about it. They stand at my desk as I open just hoping that I will like it. And of course I do. I love that they wanted to pick something out just for me.

I have students who can't afford paper and pencil for class, but somehow find a way to purchase a gift for me. I think my most cherished things are the cards and pictures that students draw/make. They are so sweet.

I get tears in my eyes every time I open a gift from a student. It just really blesses my heart to know that they wanted to do something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment