Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wrestling Christmas

Christmas is officially upon us here in the Weaver House. Festivities started on Friday night. We had a few friends over for a Christmas party. There wasn't really anything Christmas about it other than the paper plates and napkins. :) We just wanted to spend time with friends that we don't see as often anymore. We ate lots of food and played some Farkle, Uno Attack, and In a Pickle. Los of laughs, primarily by the men. They giggled like little girls all night.

Saturday we woke up and headed north to the hometown of my father-in-law. We gathered in a church fellowship hall to eat with Andrew's aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Saturday afternoon, Andrew and I went our separate ways. I went to watch my little brother experience a dream come true. I think I've told you before that my brother wrestles. He has watched and loved wrestling since he was like 10. We always thought it was a phase that he would outgrow like The Power Rangers. We were wrong. I don't think he watches it like he used to but that might be because he is actually doing it now.

He wrestles every Saturday night as Seth Sabor. This past Saturday, Seth Sabor got a special tag team partner. He teamed up with Jerry the King Lawler. Now, if you don't have any idea who that is, you won't understand this. I'm pretty sure Lawler has been wrestling longer than my brother has been alive, which is 22 years. He is in the WWE. He's a pro. Trust me, it is huge that Seth got to tag team with him.

It was a very neat thing to see my brother standing next to and then wrestling with the King. I was just beaming the whole time because I knew that for Seth, this was something he thought he would only dream about.

Lawler, being The King, always wears a crown. It sits on the announcer's table when he is wrestling. It is his trademark item. After Seth got the pin and won the match for them, Lawler put the crown on Seth. He did a good job of staying in character, but I'm pretty Seth was about to explode with excitement.

I got some great pictures, but I don't want to share them with you yet. I want him to see them first. I'll post some after Christmas.

Speaking of which, I can't believe Christmas is practically two days away. In just a couple of days we will be celebrating with my family and then with Drew's fam.

All of the presents have been bought and most of them wrapped. I will finish wrapping tomorrow.

I realize that I still haven't posted any pictures of our Christmas decor. Maybe I will get that done tomorrow. We'll see. My to do list for tomorrow is pretty long.
I still want to show you our Christmas card as well.

I have more I want to blog about, but I don't want this post to be forever long. So I will save the rest until another day.


**Edited to Add

I just completed my first goal in my 101 in 1001. All my blog post now have labels! Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment