Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Free Rice & Locks of Love

I have officially gotten somewhere with my 101 list. And I must say, it feels good. One of my goals is to donate 101,101 grains of rice at freerice.com. I stumbled onto this website this past summer. I thought it would be a great way to offer students some extra practice and help serve others.

Basically the way it works, you pick a subject and answer questions. For every question you answer correctly 10 grains of rice get donated through UN World Food Program. As for the subjects you can choose from art, geography, english, math, language, and science.

I have to admit that I enjoy doing the language. I work on my Spanish. It is fun to see what I remember from my two semesters of it in college.

Within a matter of minutes, I answered enough questions to donate 1,450 grains of rice today. It is a super easy way to help others.

If you have an extra five minute go check it out.


I've also started working on my goal to donate my hair to locks of love. It's been awhile since I've had a hair cut, so I guess I started on this one months ago.

I have to be honest. This is a goal I'm not sure I will meet. Having 10 inches of hair to donate means my hair has to get LONG!! I just don't know. We'll see how it goes.

Here is my list now. Things in bold italics are things I'm working on now. Things that are marked through like this are things I've accomplished.

Just for Fun:
1. Complete a 365 photo project.
2. Paint a piece of pottery at the local pottery store.
3. Go to a Razorback Game in Fayetteville.
4. Bowl a 200
5. Buy a tent.
6. Have 10 girls’ nights. (0/10)
7. Go ice-skating
8. Blog every day for a week using only pictures.
9. Go to a concert.
10. See a musical/play.
11.Learn to crochet.
12. Crochet a scarf.
13. Visit Mr. Madison at a Newark (Cedar Ridge) basketball game.
14. Host 10 Give-A-Ways on my blog. (0/10)
15. Go to the drive-in with my parents.
16. Do a jigsaw puzzle (at least 500 pieces).
17. Go fishing with my Daddy.
18. Visit a state I’ve never been to.

The Husband and Me:
19. Send the husband a loving text/note/email every day for a month. (0/31)
20. Take a trip for our wedding anniversary.
21. Go camping with the husband.
22. Make a video of me and the husband and/or dogs once a month. (0/33)
23. Go to the Memphis zoo with the husband.
24. Get pregnant.
25. Have dinner made for the husband when he gets home 101 times. (1/101)
26. Take photo booth pics with the husband.

Liberty Belle & Liam Bailey:
27. Give the Liberty & Liam a bath once a month for a year. (0/12)
28. Trim Liberty & Liam’s nails every two to three weeks for a year. (0/24)
29. Walk Liberty & Liam every day for a month. (0/31)
30. Teach Liam to shake.
31. Find a recipe and make homemade treats for Liberty & Liam.

Home Improvement and Organization:
32. Buy a new comforter.
33. Clean out hall closet.
34. Clean out my closet.
35. Make back-up disc of all the pictures on my computers.
36. Hang curtains and paint kitchen. (Curtains are up)
37. Transfer our wedding video to DVD.
38. Go through mail as soon as I get it for a month. Trash the trash and put away the important stuff (0/31)
39. Get rid of 101 things I don’t need. (0/101)
40. Clean and organize the garage (with the husband’s help)
41. Make or buy art for the guest bathroom.
42. Buy new towels for our bathroom.
43. Get the drawing Seth made framed and hung in my room.
44. Buy baskets to organize Drew’s clothes in the closet.
45. Don’t let the dishes pile up by washing them every night for a month (0/31)
46. Don’t let the laundry piling up by doing it twice a week for a month. (0/15)
47. Clean out the “junk” cabinet in the kitchen
48. Make the bed every time I’m the last one up for a month.

Work:
49. Be at work by 7:30 every day for a week. (0/5)
50. Read a book related to teaching.
51. Lay out my clothes the night before for a week.
52. Keep gradebook up to day for 3 months. (0/3)

Scrapbooking:
53. Finish 1st year of marriage scrapbook.
54. Create Liberty’s first year scrapbook.
55. Create Liam’s first year scrapbook.
56. Submit a scrapbook layout to a magazine or some sort of competition.
57. Complete Patter’s Scripture Challenge 2.
58. Create a paper bag album.

Because it’s not all about me:
59. Send birthday cards to family members on time.
60. Pay for the person behind me in drive-thru (but not during the month I’m not eating out).
61. Participate in the Angel Tree program.
62. Spend a weekend with Luke doing what he loves.
63. Spend a weekend with Livvy doing what she loves.
64. Give $5 to a charity for every goal I don’t complete.
65. Inspire 3 other people to make their own list. (If you participate because of this blog, let me know please)
66. Donate 101,101 grains of rice at freerice.com (3,100/101,101)
67. Give10 random gifts to my coworkers. (0/1)
68. Grow out my hair and then cut it all off to donate to Locks of Love. (Last hair cut 07/25/09)
69. Perform 100 random acts of kindness for strangers (0/100)
70. Share Christ with someone.

Books and Movies:
71. Read a biography
72. Read all unread books in my personal library.
73. Acquire all seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD.
74. Watch every movie that is currently in my Netflix queue (0/141)
75. Create and maintain a list of books I’ve purchased for my future children.
76. Buy one book a month to add to my future children’s library. (1/33)
77. See 10 movies in the theater. (0/10)
78. Buy Party Central and get it signed by the author.
79. Buy 10 Disney Movies to add to my collection. (0/10)

Just for Me:
80. Go one month without eating out. (0/31)
81. Stop biting my nails.
82. Write down something I am grateful for every day for a month with no repeats. (0/31)
83. Memorize two Bible verses every month for a year. (0/12)
84. Get up without hitting snooze for a week. (0/5)
85. Wash my face every night for a month. (0/31)
86. Spend 5 days a month without TV or computer for a year. (0/60)
87. Go to the dentist without calling Andrew while crying afterwards.
88. Watch the sunrise 10 times. (0/10)
89. Identify 101 things that make me happy. (0/101)
90. Find out my blood type.
91. Shave everyday for a month. (0/31)
92. Attempt to learn enough html to make my own blog header.
93. Get a mani/peti.
94. Get my oil changed on time.
95. Make dumplings.
96. _________ every day for a week. (Personal)
97. Have all my Christmas shopping finished before December.
98. Walk/Run every day for a month. (0/31)
99. Try one new food each month for a year(0/12)
100. Buy a calendar and put all family and friends’ birthdays and special occasions in it.
101. Organize all of my blog posts with labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment