Sunday, October 31, 2010

Who Dat! 30 Day Challenge

I thought I would combine Katie's challenge today with a "normal" post. Katie's challenge today is to share a picture of yourself. Not my favorite one so far. :)

Wednesday morning 4 of my coworkers and I headed out for New Orleans. The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics held a conference there on Thursday and Friday.

It was a long drive down, but it was a lot of fun. We talked and laughed until we nearly cried. I am incredibly blessed to have coworkers that I enjoy being with.

We got into town Wednesday night around 7:30 and were exhausted. We grabbed dinner in the hotel restaurant and then went to bed.

Thursday morning we woke up and got ready for our first day at the conference. I attended some great workshops. They also had several exhibits there with different companies presenting their ideas/products. I purchased a few things that I'm really excited about. Teachers, you should totally check out Faceing Math. It's great! They have something for all grade levels. If you don't have math, they have something for you too.

One of my coworkers has an aunt who lives in New Orleans. She made reservations for us at a fancy spancy restaurant called Dragos for Thursday night. It was really yummy. I even got brave and tried fish.

Friday after the conference, we went to the aquarium. Oh My Goodness! It was so neat!!! My two favorite parts were where you walk through a tunnel and fish are swimming above you and around you and getting to watch them feed the penguins. I LOVE PENGUINS!!





We also walked through the Riverwalk several times while there. They had some great shopping and food.
On the trolley



Friday night Starla's aunt treated us to Beignets and hot chocolate. Beignets are French donuts. They taste a lot like funnel cakes.


It was definitely a great business trip! We had so much fun!! And I learned some too!

But, I was glad to be home last night. I stopped by to see Miss Amelia Earhart and then headed home to my furbabies. They were VERY happy to have Mommy home. They slept outside all week and my nephew, Pryce, came over to feed them every day. We were thankful to have him this week.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I need to go to New Orleans right now. The beignets and hot chocolate look so good!!

    ReplyDelete