Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Going Rogue


I finally finished reading Going Rogue by Sarah Palin tonight. I've been wanting to read a biography. It also happened to be #71 on my 101 List.

I feel like I've been reading this book forever. It has taken me longer than it normally takes me to read a book. It just isn't the kind of book I normally read. I prefer novels over biographies. And if I'm going to read a biography I prefer one that isn't full of politics.

Yes, I knew that Sarah Palin was in politics, therefore politics would be in this book. I guess I just wanted more personal stuff. But then again for her politics is personal.

I'll confess that before I married my husband I knew very little about politics and what was going on in DC. And I do mean very little. When I voted for George W. Bush back in 2004, I still knew very little. I don't mean to say that I feel like I made an uninformed decision. I'm just saying I wasn't all that into politics.

But, I'm married to a man who loves history. A man who is likes to stay informed. A man who watches Fox News nightly. A man who has taught me more about government and history in our 6 years of marriage than I ever learned in elementary school, high school, and college combined.

I am not claiming to know everything there is to know when it comes to politics. I'm not even claiming to have a strong understanding of all. I'm just simply saying that I'm more informed today than I've ever been.

I believe what I believe and you aren't going to change my mind. I do not like to debate politics with people. This is going to sound blunt and mean, but some people are just too dumb to argue with. While I will openly share with you my thoughts and beliefs, I do not see the point in arguing about it. This is where my husband and I differ. He will argue with you until he is blue in the face. Then he'll argue with you some more. :)

Either way, I liked what I knew of Sarah Palin which made me want to read her book. Now, you can like Sarah Palin or you cannot like her. You can think she is qualified and should run for president in 2012 or not. It doesn't matter. Like I said, I don't argue. That is not what this post is about. And if you want to argue, well please keep your comments to yourself.

After reading Going Rogue, I will tell you this, I respect Sarah Palin. I enjoyed reading her book. I learned a little on how the campaign trail works. I was shocked at the stories she told from the campaign trail. It made me feel like Senator McCain's staff beat themselves.

Enough said. I'm not trying to debate here. I do recommend Going Rogue to you. It's an interesting read. And who knows, you might learn something like I did.

With that being said, I'm ready to dive into a novel now. I have a closet full. Thinking I might just close my eyes and pick one.

What are you reading right now? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I like her too. :) (this is Mom B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read Game Change. It would give you an interesting perspective after reading Going Rouge. It just came out this month and is flying off the shelves, so you may have trouble finding it in bookstores. I recommend ordering it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im readin The blue blood sires lol im all about fiction lol. in on the 4th book and love em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been thinking about reading Sarah's book. I respect her as a mother...I don't get into the politics either. I think our husbands would get along though...Fox news is the only news Marty will watch. ;)

    ReplyDelete