Sunday, January 3, 2010

6 Years, TV, & Scrapbooking

Andrew and I enjoyed our day together today as we celebrated 6 years of marriage. The day wasn't too different than any other day. We slept in which was very nice. When we finally rolled out of bed, we got ready and headed to lunch. We ate at Appleebees, our standard anniversary dinner. It is where we went on our first date and it is where eat each year on our anniversary. After lunch, we went to see a movie, another typical anniversary date activity. We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakel. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in this movie. It had funny parts, but I liked the first one much better.

After our lunch and movie date we came home to take a nap. Now Andrew is in the garage working on my scrapbook desk. It is really coming along. I'm so excited about it. I promise to post pictures as soon as he is finished.

I'm laying in bed watching TV and trying to decide if I'm prepared to go back to work tomorrow or not. I still have some things to do, but I think I'm good to get through tomorrow. I will work during my prep and stay after school to finish up what I need to do.

I'm getting a little stressed because we have people coming to inspect us due to the fact that we are in trouble for our test scores. They supposedly talk to every teacher. I'm so scared of saying the wrong thing and getting our school in trouble. This little investigation is going to cause me to be staying late after school quite a bit over the next month. I'm also applying for a tutor job that if I get will take up a lot of my time. There is also a big decision regarding Student Council that I need to make. It is something I've been praying about but still feel unsure as to which way to go.


Back to my TV watching. I have to tell you that I'm looking forward to the season premiere of two shows tomorrow night. They are definitely guilty pleasures. One is The Secret Life of an American Teenager. I'm watching a marathon of it right now. The other is Make it Or Break It. Does anyone else watch either of these shows? They are definitely for teenagers, but I'm addicted to them all the same.

What are your guilty pleasures when it comes to TV?


On to Scrapbooking... I decided to scrapbook my Christmas cards. Well Sorta. I'm really just putting them on Christmas themed paper. Nothing to elaborate. I went this route because I found a red leather 12X12 postbound album at Hobby Lobby for $5. Can't beat that. In the process of getting ready to start working on them last night, I found our cards from last year. I decided it only made sense to start with them. I've gotten all of those done and hope to have this year's cards done by the end of the week.

I'm also starting Project 365 again this year. Some of you may remember me working on this last year. I made it to March before I got behind and quit. This is a project where you take a picture each day of the year and journal about your day. Several people are doing it by the week instead of the day this year because they didn't finish it last year. I thought about doing it that way, but I'm determined to do Project 365. So far so good this... granted we are only 3 days in. I made my layout for this week Friday night. I figure if I have the layout made before the week starts, I can journal each day. Hopefully this will help me to complete the project. I will be sharing some of this as time goes on. I really hate that I didn't finish last year. Some really great days happened both before and after I quit. Thankfully I did blog about most of them. :)

I guess that is enough rambling for tonight. Don't forget about my giveaway. I will be drawing the winner first thing tomorrow morning before I leave for school.

4 comments:

  1. I am excited about the one year bible {as you read} and I can't wait to accomplish this goal. I know that it will be so rewarding! Do you have a one year bible too? Oh, I was going to tell you...there is a section in your settings that will allow me to reply to your comment on my blog directly to your email. I am not sure where it is exactly in the settings, but I can try to find it for you if you can't find it. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem sister, I'm not sure it this will fix it but check it out. Go to your dashboard then click on settings. You will see "comments" on the menu bar, click on that. Go down to where it says "comment notification email" do you have you email address entered in this spot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you no i love some seacreat life im watchin it now 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    So... have you decided to do scrapbooks to sell????

    I have been reading your blog just not commenting because I've been so crazy. I always mean to comment but then my attention gets drawn elsewhere and I have to leave the computer.

    ReplyDelete