Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Ice Storm

Got the call around 6 this morning. School was cancelled for the day. I have to tell you I was happy to get that call, even though it means I will be in school through mid June. Okay maybe not mid June, but pretty close. The last day of school was already June 8.

After the call, I couldn't go back to sleep. I was wide awake. This might have been caused by the fact that I was in bed and sleeping by 5 yesterday. I was not feeling well so I spent the entire evening sleeping. I didn't even wake up long enough to eat, which caused to me to wake up starving this morning.

I was supposed to buy groceries this week, but never did. There is no food in our house. I had no choice, but to brave the roads and go to McDonalds.

I watched reruns of Reba for a couple of hours and then got up to do some cleaning and scrapbooking. I tried to dishes but we are out of detergent. I did manage to get a little scrapbooking down though. See post below.

Everything is covered in ice. I love that our birdhouse has icicles.


By noon the sleet had started to turn into snow and I was getting hungry. Thankfully I did have a can of chili in the house.


Don't judge a girl. I love a good can of armor chili. In fact, I prefer it to homemade chili.

Mid meal, the husband called to let me know he was on his way home. :) And being the great husband that he is, he stopped in this horrible weather to buy groceries.

Now we will be able to eat again during this Ice Storm.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at that ice. No fun! It's super cold here too. Anyway, you asked about covering chipboard elements. Not sure if you subscribed to my comment section when you left the comment yesterday but I did leave an update. I will post it here too so you can check it out today.

    Elainaann, you asked for chipboard info. I did a little tutorial last year sometime on my Memory Box blog. You can see it here:
    http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/createx3/2009/03/layouts-chipboard-elements.html

    Let me know if you still need help, and I can cover it in March for Tuesday's Tips. Right now I have post ready through February. Praise God for His expansion of my time! :) Blessings,

    ReplyDelete