Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Cards

I have been working on deChristmasing our house today. This always makes me a little sad. Taking everything is definitely not as fun as putting everything out.

Each year I display all of my Christmas Cards on this that I bought from Southern Living a while back.


I absolutely love it. When it isn't covered in Christmas cards, it is a great place to display lots of random pictures.

Anyways... I've always taken my cards down and intend to keep them. But I never really do anything with them and most of the time they end up lost or ruined.

I want to preserve them at least the photo cards. I think it would be fun to look back 10 years from now at our Christmas cards and how the families have grown and changed.

I just don't know how I want to do it. I thought putting them in a scrapbook, but I need something that is quick and easy so that it will actually get finished.

Do you save your Christmas cards or throw them away? If you keep them, what do you do with them?

Looking for some great ideas!!

3 comments:

  1. You can give your regular cards to Mrs. Covert and she lets the students use the fronts of them to make Christmas ornaments with and they are really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep mine in some sort of book. I read this on Kelly's Korner and thought it was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaina,
    I took my Christmas stuff down yesterday and I thought the same thing....it is so not as much fun taking it down. Although I do love getting clean and organized.

    About Christmas cards...I take my photo cards and arrange them as a collage for a scrapbook page. I agree with you; I enjoy watching as the families grow and change over the years. It doesn't take too long to do it either because I don't make it super fancy. I do write the name of the family by the picture though.

    My aunt punches a hole in the corner of her cards and puts them on a ring. She has a ring for each year then. Just another idea...

    ReplyDelete