Monday, January 18, 2010

Scripture Challenge

Okay before I start my 3rd post for the day, let me just say in my defense, I have done something other than blog today. :)

Patter over at Triple the Scraps has been so sweet to lead a scrapbooking Bible Study for the past few years. Last year I planned to do His Holy Name. I never made it past the first challenge.

This year she is hosting her 2nd Scripture Challenge. Every other week she gives you a word to study. You study that word in the scripture and then create a page based on your study.

She bought this cute little stand to display her work for this challenge.



She stained hers and it looks super cute. I took one look at it and knew that my hubby could make it.

So last night he and I went out into the garage and about 20 minutes later I had my own stand.

I chose to paint my purple. Here it is.



I bought ribbon today that I may or may not put around the bottom. I can't decide.

What do you think of the purple against the blue wall? I think that my desk is going to be purple as well. I know the purple seems a bit much but I have picture in my head and I like that picture.

Here is a close up of my title page for the Scripture Challenge.


The Scripture is Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord holds true,and we can trust everything he does."


Our first word was hope. There are so many scriptures that talk about our hope in the Lord. It was hard to choose. I really enjoyed reading through scripture as I studied the word hope.

No matter what is going on in our lives our hope is in God. He is dependable. It says in Hebrews that He is the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

Here is my Hope page.


The scripture I finally chose for this challenge:
Matthew 12:21 And his name will be the hope of all the world.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

I'm looking forward to our 2nd word which is temptation. Should be an interesting little study.

4 comments:

  1. That is a neat idea and cool way to learn scripture. -nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. that stand is awesome! Is it holding 12x12 pages or are those 8x8? I may have to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great scriptures and beautiful pages! And how fun that your husband whipped up a stand like that for you! My BIL builds decks, playscapes, etc. Maybe I need to have him make some of these. :) So fun that you painted it purple too. Glad to you have you joining in! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! Weaver's all the way! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete