Monday, January 18, 2010

How Did He Know?

Today was that time of the year when I strip down naked in front of a man other than my husband. The Oh So Wonderful Gynecologist. Fun times.

Don't worry, I'm not going to give you the details of my appointment today. It is safe to keep reading. :)

Every year when I go to this particular appointment, I can't help but play the what if game. I always wonder how I would react if Dr. Wyatt walked into the exam room and told me I was pregnant. Like today, nothing ever leads me to believe that I might be. There are no signs of that possibility. Yet I wonder. Would I cry? Would I burst with joy? Would I be able to drive myself?

But more than my reaction, I wonder what Drew's reaction would be. I wonder how I would tell him. I convince myself that I would be able to go home and wait for him to get home from work. But then I wonder if I would have that patience. Would I call him or drive to his office?

Would I just blurt it out or find some cute way of telling him?

Of course I think about this at other times too. Like when I have a case of Baby Fever.

We are not pregnant right now nor are we trying to get that way. But I can't exactly wait until that point to ask you this question.

How did he know? How did you tell your sweetie that he was going to be a Daddy?

Can't wait to hear your stories.

4 comments:

  1. I showed him a positive pregnancy test. Of course, we were both waiting outside of the bathroom, just waiting for it to turn. Not much surprise when you do IVF. :) There are lots of good ways to share with him if you can get preggers the good ole fashion way! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! When we found out with Peyton I was SHOCKED! I didn't tell Jared I was testing (I never did anytime) and I came into the living room and told him I needed him to come with me - then I showed him the test.

    With Laila I knew I was pregnant and I took a test and I told Jared over dinner. I had always had grand plans of wrapping a sweet baby gift or something and giving it to him but I don't deal well with the shock factor.

    With Mika I had a feeling so I tested while we were on vacation (and about to head to happy hour at our hotel) and I came out of the bathroom holding the test. He, of course, asked whose test it was! :)

    I think whether you put a lot of thought and effort into how you tell him or if you just blurt it out it will be memorable and a special moment for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol with logan I came in the living room and threw the taest at him and yelled "look what you did to me" and started cryin lol the hormones had already kicked in and i was unhappy we joke about it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt was away at the police academy and we had been trying for a LONG time and going to appt. and taking fertility meds so that took some of the surprise out of it all! Anyways I had already tested negative for that cycle and told him I wouldn't test anymore but something told me to do it again. He called right as it was turning positive. I will NEVER forget that wonderful feeling. I called my Mom and my MIL and celebrated over the phone!!!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete