Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jim Bob and Grandma Duggar

Andrew and I went to Lowe's tonight to buy the legs for my scrapbook desk that he is building. We got the wood we needed and then we were just piddling around looking at tools. Actually Andrew was looking at tools, I was trying to get out there.

We walk up to the check out line and Andrew says,"Wow that guy looks like Jim Bob. I bet he gets that everyday of his life." By the time I looked all I could see was the back of his head, but he definitely had Jim Bob's hair. How sad that I know what Jim Bob's hair looks like in that detail.

Anyways.. I walk over to get a better look to see if Andrew is accurate in his comparison. He still had his back to me, but standing there with him checking out was Grandma Duggar.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I very quickly went into fan mode. Big time. I ran back to Andrew to let him that guy didn't just look like Jim Bob, that guy was Jim Bob.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. But I had my phone out before you could blink ready to take a picture. Andrew told me no, that I could say hi but not to harass them. Blah! He so doesn't understand that you people need pictures or that I need proof.

He wouldn't go with me, so I went alone and said hi. Just told them I was a fan of theirs because they are trying to just live for God. I asked about Michelle and baby. Grandma Duggar said they were both doing well. She then gave me a card. It has a pic of the fam on it.

All the way home Andrew made fun of me because like I said... major fan mode. As we pulled into our subdivision I realized that this would have made the perfect picture for today. I've giving Project 365 a second try, but more on that later.

Since I didn't get a picture with them, I had Andrew take my picture with the card they gave me. And with that picture I learned a lesson... always look your best when you go out in public. You never know when you might meet a Duggar. :) All that to say... PLEASE O PLEASE ignore the way I look in this picture.

Oh and after we were all checked out Andrew shook Jim Bob's hand too and told him we were praying for them.

3 comments:

  1. Well we love us some Duggars...I would have totally whipped my camera out and started snapping pics. LOL

    How sweet that she gave you a pic of their family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How neat that you met them! Really cool story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! Me and my hubby would probably have had a very similar story if it would have been us! HA

    ReplyDelete