Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scrapbooking, Tutoring, and Tulsa

I think I've done more scrapbooking so far in 2010 than I did in all of 2009 combined. And I must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It has been very relaxing, rewarding, and enjoyable. It has even revealed some things to me through scripture.

I have just felt so inspired to create lately. I think it has come from the fact that my sweet husband has been very busy working on my scrapbook desk. My room is coming together slowly but surely and I'm loving it!! I plan to post pictures soon although right now it is still a mess. :)

Today we went to buy that ugly 70s green shelf I told you about. I love it! It looks great in my room. I've already started filling it up.

We were a little worried that the desk was going to be put on a stand still due to not being able to finance its production. However, God has truly blessed us this week. Thursday when I was given my pay check I noticed the envelope was thicker than normal. Much to my surprise, I found a nice little bonus inside. Our test scores improved and we were rewarded for it. Yippee! This allowed us to finish off the desk plus pay off one of our credit cards as we are working towards being debt free.

In order to continue to help those test scores improve we have a company who trains teachers to tutor students. I was one of the lucky 5 teachers who were hired by this company. I have 5 students that I will work with for an hour and half each Monday and Wednesday. I'm actually very excited about this opportunity. Plus it a little extra cash each week from now until April.

This blessing of unexpected income also allowed me to finalize my plans for a trip to Tulsa. I love Karen Kingsbury's books. God has given her an amazing gift. She is by far my favorite author. I have always wanted to meet her in person. I have had a couple of opportunities, but something has happened each time and I wasn't able to attend the event she was at. Through her website I found out that she was going to be at an EWomen Conference in Tulsa in March. It's a 4 hour drive, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

I made up my mind that I was going to go whether I found some girlfriends to go with me or not. All I needed to do was tell the hubby of my plans. When I told him, it really all came together. His company has a branch in Tulsa that will be "going live" at the end of February. This means Andrew has to be in Tulsa for two weeks. The Conference is the weekend in between those two weeks. It is perfect. I know that I will be missing him by then, plus I won't have to stay in a hotel by myself. I am so excited. Angela Thomas is one of the speakers as well. I've heard her speak two or three times and that girl is a hoot! I always laugh and cry and have a great time. Worship is being led by Mandisa and Jeremy Camp.

I am counting down the days till my weekend get away in Tulsa. Anything you are looking forward to?

1 comment:

  1. Well if you are in need of someone to ride with you to Tulsa, Amelia and I might go with you and hang in Tulsa...give us a chance to see Alex, since he'll be there too.

    ReplyDelete