Friday, January 29, 2010

Temptation



I have finally managed to finish the second challenge of Patter's Scripture Challenge. Check out her post to see how others handled this challenge.

The word was temptation. Ouch! I know! I have thought more about temptation in the past couple weeks than I think I ever have. I've even dreamed about it, seeing the word in my sleep.

I've really struggled with this layout all the way around. I knew God was really trying to teach me something with this challenge, but I was struggling to figure out what it was.

I finally settled on Matthew 14:38 as my scripture for this layout. It says, "Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak."

So true. My spirit definitely wants to not give in to temptation. Yet, my body seems to take over too often.

I thought about what my temptations were. I think the things I struggle with the most are laziness and pride. I spend way too much time laying around playing on my computer or watching TV. My body definitely likes these things. :)

As for the pride. I am a very insecure person. Unfortunately, I love to throw a good pity party. I've come to realize that pride isn't just thinking you are too good for something. It is simply thinking it's all about you even if that means its all about your sorrows or troubles or whatever.

I can tell that God has really been working on my pride. Sadly, I deal with more drama with the adults in my life than with my 7th grade girls. I'm learning not to let things drive me crazy. Trust me, I'm still a long way from being able to say Oh Well and go on. Just ask the husband. But I'm learning. I'm learning to give things over to God. He is the only person whose approval I need.

Sanctus Real has a new song out called Forgiven. It is my new favorite. There is a line in that song that says, "When I don't measure up to much in this life, Oh, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."

Amen! God loves me. He loves you. He loves us just because of who he is. To him, we are a treasure. That's enough for me to praise God and be able to smile through the worst day.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing how God is working in your life! Great page! Isn't this Scripture Challenge an incredible tool?...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page! If we will just listen, He will speak to us. That is why I love this challenge so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He loves us just because of Who He is."

    What a wonderful way to put this...not because of who we are.
    Love the floral paper design, looks like a road we need to choose to take. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my 1st time on your blog; I was checking out the postings on Patter's challenge TEMPTATION, and saw yours. You comments on deciding what to create and how temptation impacts your life mirrors my experience with this word. I very much like the final art project. This challenge, I think, is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete