Monday, February 1, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday


It was NOT me who did a little dance while still in bed Friday after receiving the news that school had been cancelled. I did NOT stay up after that 6AM phone call because I had NOT been asleep since 5PM the previous evening. I did NOT risk my own safety to venture out onto the icy roads shortly after said phone call for some McDonalds.

Being the oh so wonderful teacher and employee that I am, I did NOT avoid lesson plans and all things school related throughout my three day weekend. I did NOT park myself at my scrapbook desk and remain there for a good part of my weekend.

I did NOT whine and beg until my husband risked our safety (yet again) to take me to Wal-Mart. I was NOT going stir-crazy and I had NOT used all my scrapbook supplies causing me to need more.

It was NOT me who moped around the house Sunday because I was bored. My husband did NOT add to this feeling by laying in bed until 4PM. We did NOT proceed to visit a new church where everyone was just like us. It was NOT made up of only people our age and no children. This did NOT cause me to feel a little better. I had NOT just had a conversation with the husband about babies. He did NOT tell me he wasn't ready yet again. I did NOT get a little frustrated. I did NOT just want him to given and say yes.

I did NOT stay in bed an extra 40 minutes after my alarm went off this morning.

I did NOT laugh out loud at my principal when she asked if I was going to sponsor the cheer & dance teams next year. And of course I did NOT turn down this wonderful opportunity.

I am NOT trying to come up with more things I didn't do today to avoid grading papers. :)


Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment