Thursday, February 25, 2010

Plan B

For several months, the husband and I have been dreaming about vacationing here...


and here...



All of that flew out the window when we learned I needed surgery. The surgery means that no matter what we do, if we want to take a vacation it needs to be done before surgery day. That will hopefully be scheduled tomorrow.

I would love to do the grand canyon before the surgery, but the husband doesn't want me to be doing that much walking on my foot.

The husband said he would be fine just taking a week off work and spending it at home so he could rest. I, however, am going to be confined to our home for at least a month this summer, so I want to go somewhere.

Being the great husband he is he said whatever I wanted to do is fine. :)

I'm thinking a short relaxing vacation. Not a lot of going this time. Maybe this bunion could be blamed on all the walking we did in D.C. last year.

I'm drawing a blank on coming up with a Plan B for our vacation. Any ideas? I was kind of thinking Gulf Shores in Alabama or the beach in South Carolina. Anyone ever done either of these? Anything to do other than the beach? Any other suggestions? We are open to ideas.

1 comment:

  1. if you go to a SC beach, dont go to Myrtle Beach. It is a big tourist attraction, but it is a DUMP. Def. not a relaxing place. Check out The Outer Banks in NC. There are tons of lighthouses, history and it is really quiet there. We go almost every year and stay at Hatteras island (or Cape Hatteras).

    ReplyDelete