Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Big Day

I called yesterday afternoon and scheduled my bunion surgery. The big day is June 17. As soon as I scheduled it, I immediately felt sick to my stomach. Scheduling it just made it more real.

I know that I am not the first time to have surgery. I'm not even the first person to have this particular surgery. None of that, however, changes the fact that I'm scared.

I know I can't spend the next three and a half months worrying about this. I'm trying to focus on Matthew 6:34, which says “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

I know worrying is a sin. My sweet husband reminds me of this often. I'm a bit of a worry wart. I don't mean to be.

But I do know that I don't want to spend my life worrying and be scared from now until June 17.

Instead, I'm going to spend the next three and half months praying for peace. Or even better, complete bunion healing. :) I know my God is capable of that!

2 comments:

  1. Is worrying really a sin? Because I worry all the time. Yikes! I've never heard that before.
    Love,
    From Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray you can forget about it, at least until a week or so before. :) You are going to be fine. Love ya,
    Mom B

    ReplyDelete