Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day + Scrapbooking = 1 Long Post

People started talking last week, around Wednesday I think. A few weathermen were calling for snow Monday and Tuesday. One even went as far as to promise breakfast to one lucky viewer, if it didn't snow. I didn't believe this for one second. I mean it had only been a few days since we had gotten snow/ice. That rarely happens twice a year in Arkansas. The week went on and with a very busy weekend, I completely forgot about the possibility of snow.

Until last night that is. There were facebook status about the snow that was supposed to be coming. I just figured that it would all be in the northern part of the state and those poor people were going to be in school all summer, bless their hearts. So needless to say, I was a bit suprised this morning when Drew got up to let the dogs out at 5:30 and came back saying it was white outside. The ground was covered. I had to get up and look for myself. This is what I found outside this morning.

Once I got the phone call from school confirming that school was cancelled, I went back to sleep. I slept until 10:30 and I must say, it was nice. Somewhere in the time, Drew went to work. Around 11:30 or 12, I looked out and couldn't believe that it was still snowing and getting whiter outside. I bundled Liam Bailey and myself up and out we went. He had never seen snow like this, and let me tell you, that little boy is not a fan. I shouldn't be suprised by this. I know the little guy doesn't like cold weather. Liberty, however, was dying to go out. She loves the snow. I took her in the backyard so she could run around and play without being on a leash.


I stood outside while Liberty played for about 30 minutes. During that time I couldn't help but to sing and praise our God. Snow is one of those things that I see and just think of God. It was so beautiful outside. Everything was gleaming white and these huge flakes were falling just as fast as they could. It is a wonderful reminder that our God washes us white as snow. Our sins are covered by his love.


While I spent most of the morning reading, I managed to get a little scrapbooking done. At the request of a friend, I thought I would share with you some of the things I've been working on the past few weeks. Let me warn you now that I'm still working on perfecting my skills at taking pictures of my layouts.

Here is a Valentine's card I made for my Mommom. Very simple, but I think it is the first card I've ever made that didn't end up in the trash. I'm actually somewhat pleased with out it turned out.


Last Sunday, I finished the first album that I'm keeping. Everything else I've finished I've given away. They've been things like ABC Baby albums, Mother's Day gifts, and Father's Day gifts.

The album I finished was of Weaver family vacation 07. I started it back in 07 and am just now finishing it. I know, it's sad. I'm glad I decided to scrapbook this particular year. Andrew and I haven't got to go on this vacation since then, and to be honest I can't see us ever being able to go again. It is taken during September and I just can't bring myself to miss a week of school as soon as I get back to school. Either way, here are a couple of pages from that album.







And last but not least, a few pages from my Project 365. These are fairly plain layouts. With so many pictures, it's hard to make it too interesting. :)

This is my title page. There will be a picture there eventually, just don't have one I like well enough yet.




Haven't ordered the pictures from this one yet. Love this paper though.


I guess I was feeling a little purple when I did this one last night. I'm not sure that I like it. I'm hoping once I add the pictures it will be okay.



So there is a sample of what I've been up to. I'm sure there will be more to come.

I plan to answer the questions you all have asked sometime this week. All two of them. HA!! Surely more of you have quetions. I hope I'm not that boring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment