Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dancing Painfree with Jesus



This is Andrew's Grandma and Grandpa Mc. They are two of the most loving people I have ever met. They loved me and welcomed me as another granddaughter from the beginning. They always greet me with a hug whenever we get the opportunity to spend time together.

Grandpa Mc has had cancer for quite sometime and last night he went home to be with Jesus.

This man is going to be greatly missed on Earth. However we all know that he is dancing pain free with our Lord and Savior. For that we are eternally thankful. We look forward to being with Grandpa Mc again someday.


He was admitted to the hospital on Sunday and we knew then that we probably didn't have much more time with him.

I've spent the past week wondering how we would deal with this. I've been praying all week that I would be able to be whatever my husband needed me to be when this time came. When Andrew's oldest brother, Chris, called last night to let us know, Andrew honestly only cried three or four tears and then went back to what he was doing. He is handling it much better than I had anticipated. At least he is in front of me. Andrew has openly wept in front of me before so I don't think he is trying to hide his pain. I really believe that while he will miss his grandpa, Andrew knows that Grandpa Mc is pain free and in a much better place now.

I'm sure the tears will come and I just pray that when they do, God will help be there for Andrew in whatever way he needs.

Not all of Andrew's family is as stoic as he is. Please say a prayer for them if you think about it. I know they would greatly appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about this, but I am happy that Andrew is taking it well. I will say a prayer for him, you, and his family.

    ReplyDelete