Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mid Week Ramblings

Today has been the first day in what feels like forever that I was back to my routine. Even thought I was back at work yesterday, it was off because of a field trip. I always enjoy coming back to work after a break. I have the greatest students this year.

Yesterday, one of my students overheard me telling a co-worker that I might have to have surgery because of my bunion. So of course the questions were flying today. I described what was going on in my foot and showed them a couple of pictures on my computer. Naturally all the boys thought it was the coolest thing and the girls were sick to their stomach. Seriously, they have to put the nastiest pictures they can find online. The pictures and discussion brought the following statements from my students:

"Wouldn't it be cool if they cut your foot off, Mrs. Weaver"

"Yeah, then you could have a steel foot."

"Just don't kick us."

"Get an athletic foot so you can chase us down the hall."

"Then her right foot would be faster than her left one and she'd be running in circles like this." (He then demonstrated)

Aww. Gotta love 7th graders. Of course they make me laugh. I would like to take a couple of them to surgery with me. I'd be laughing to hard to worry.

If I have to have surgery on my foot, I'm really praying I can schedule it during Spring Break. It's not exactly how I want to spend my break, but I really don't want to miss any more days of school. Of course, it looks like Drew will be in Tulsa that week. No fun for me. I've talked to my little brother and he says he'll come stay with me a few days. My daddy will also be off work for the first part of the week if I need him. I'm going to need someone and not just to hold my hand. I could be wrong, but something tells me I won't be able to drive after they saw off a bone in my right foot.

Okay...on to things other than my disgusting bone deformity. I'm going to the EWomen Conference in Tulsa in just a few weeks. As of right now I'm going alone. Any of you ladies want to join me? I'm really going to be alone. Because their dates got pushed back, Drew won't be in Tulsa during this time. He's going a month later. This means I'm staying alone in a hotel room. I've never done this before. It will be strange, but I know I'll be fine. I'm looking forward to that alone time with God. And I CANNOT wait to meet Karen Kingsbury. This will be a dream come true for me.

We are also looking forward to attending a very special evening for my great uncle. He is being inducted into the Army Hall of Fame. This is going to be a complete surprise to him. He believes he is just speaking at an ROTC Ball, which he has done before. When we asked what we should wear, we were told that Andrew should wear a suit. Easy enough. But we were told I could wear anything from a dress I would wear to church to something very fancy. So now I'm completely clueless. What does one wear to an Army Hall of Fame induction?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED those 7th graders when they were 5th graders too! I had them when I was hospitalized for a week and they were so sweet. I had parents bringing things from cards, letters, to balloons, and a book light to my room for the kids. I also got daily sweet e-mails from the students and parents. That is an awesome group all the way around!!!

    Don't know what you should wear but if you need a formal I have a red one that was a bridesmaid dress that is so not one of the usual tacky looking ones LOL!!! It is one you would actually wear again if you had a place to wear a formal!!! I am sure it is just your size. You could also wear a dress suit. I have a black one of those too (black skirt/blazer) and I am sure it would fit you too!!! You are welcome to either one!!!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need us, Amelia and I can help you when you have surgery! Just let us know.

    Very cool about your Uncle!! Um...I would wear black...that's the only advice I have! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the EWomen conference last year and it was really great! If I lived closer I would def. go with you!! Cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete