Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Cleaning Frenzy

Another Snow Day!

Another day stuck at home!

Another day given to me by God.

A day that should not be wasted.

A day that should be used to glorify God.

Sometimes I wonder how you can glorify God in your home all alone. Then I remembere I can glorify my Lord even when no one is watching. He is always watching. He always knows my heart and my thoughts.

I was feeling motivated today.

I turned some Tomlin on and started cleaning.


I've had a couple of big projects that I've been wanting to tackle for quite some time. Today was the day!

I started with what has been dubbed our "junk" cabinet in the kitchen. Don't know where to put it? Put it in the junk cabinet.

Having no shame, here is the before shot.


After about 30 minutes or so it looked like this...



A lot less in there now. A few things belonged elsewhere in the house. But for the most part it was filled with trash.

This was so easy I started feeling brave.

I decided to tackle the hall closet while I was at it.

Here are a couple of before shots of the hall closet






A little while later we had this...





I ended up with a small box and a bigger box of stuff that I needed Andrew to go through. He is out in the garage doing that now.

I must admit, I'm surprised that he is actually doing it. I know he's had a long day of work and so for him to come home and work some more... Well, I really appreciate it.

I've priced a tub full of clothes, a box of miscellaneous items, and some scrapbook stuff for a HUGE yard sale I plan to have the last weekend of March.

My goal is to go through the entire house, garage, and attic, EVERYTHING and do what I did to the closet and cabinet today. I want to declutter our home.

I think, no I know that we would enjoy our home much more if it were clean. And for us a huge part of keeping it clean and organized is to get rid of all the junk we've accumulated over the past 6 years.

I must admit I feel very proud of my accomplishments today. They are two areas that have been bothering me for quite some time. And they were so easy to clean out. Definitely motivates me to get to the rest of the house.

4 comments:

  1. Great use of a snow day! Want to come up and clean my closets? :) I love decluttering and organizing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now head on over to my house! :) I started marking boxes for yard sale before Amelia was born and never had a yard sale....definitely going to have some stuff to sale in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! we have several yard sales every summer. I LOVE cleaning out closets and tossing things out - it is so therapeutic! (Am i crazy, or what!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Elaina! Job well done! I love to clean and organize! My motto is "less is MORE"! You must feel so good.
    Keep going and then you can sell all your stuff and feel even better!
    Love from Wisconsin (Sara and Maddie's Aunt Karen)

    ReplyDelete