Sunday, February 8, 2009

God is good!

What a great day!! It has been absolutely gorgeous outside all day. Andrew and I woke up, with me feeling much better, and got ready for church. Church was good this morning. The sermon was the second in our series and was called Turning Up the Heat in Your Marriage. Steamy right? I always enjoy talks on marriage because, I am not the perfect wife. Sshhh! Don't tell Andrew, he doesn't know yet. LOL!!! I want to be the best wife I possible can for him, so I'm always all ears to stuff like this.

After church, Andrew cooked us some yummy pork chops on our George Foreman grill. That thing has gotten more use in the past week than in the five years we've owned it. Because it was such a beautiful day, after lunch we sat outside on our patio and watched the dogs play. Drew played fetch with them for a little while. At least he tried, Liam Bailey doesn't understand the point of the game and Liberty Belle gets frustrated with him.






This of course wore all of us out so in we went for a nap. After a few good hours of sleep, we got ready to go to dinner with Cary, Sara, Jackson, Jill, & Alex. We went to Gusano's downtown for Chicago style pizza. I had never been there before and let me just tell you it was yummy. Now I must tell you now that when it comes to pizza I am a weirdo. I do not eat sauce on my pizza. I like nothing that is tomato based. So I get a Canadian bacon with no sauce - much like a big grilled ham & cheese. Doesn't it look yummy?


I had the pleasure of sitting next to Jackson Luke. That kid is such a little ham. If our kids are half as cute as him, we will be in good shape.







As for the title of this post - today as just been a big reminder of all the blessings that God has bestowed upon me. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, two sweet puppies, and the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for. I absolutely love to spend time with all of them and am so thankful that I had the chance to do that today.

2 comments:

  1. God gives us these days to remind us what is important in our lives. Love all your pics and write up. Oh that pizza looks great. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds wonderful! I love spending time with you too! I'm going to steal this pic of you and Drew for my post about Sunday, since he didn't cooperate in mine. ;) The pic of Jackson is hilarious...he IS a ham!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete