Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rejected

I took a chance. I invited a couple to church. They came. They enjoyed it. They emailed my pastor and talked to him. They worked to find out what we believe and if that lines up with their beliefs. They had reservations. Today, they informed me that their beliefs to do not line up with our and they won’t be returning.

I will say that I am proud of myself for not taking this too personally. I do not feel like they have rejected me. They haven’t. We don’t agree. That’s fine. I do feel down though. I feel myself letting myself slip back into the funk and I don’t want that. I guess I’m upset because it was just so exciting that someone was visiting Journey Church because of me. I guess I kind of feel like I’ve let Journey Church down because I haven’t been inviting people the way I should and when I do, it is a couple who doesn’t fit with Journey. Yes, I know this is ridiculous. But that’s me for you.

It made me think. This couple is not rejecting me in any way. But we reject Jesus all the time. Makes me glad I’m not Him. Until we say yes to him, we are rejecting him. I’ve heard a thousand times there are only two decisions you can make for Christ, either for him or against him. There is no middle ground. If you don’t choose him, you are against him. You can’t say you are unsure and you will decide later. That is still saying no to him. He is rejected so much right there. How many unbelievers are in this world? You know he is thinking, I love you unconditionally. Why won’t you just accept that?

Then once we finally do accept that and decide to say yes to Him, we still continue to reject him. How many times has he told us to do something and we ignore him. How many days have we gone without acknowledging his presence? I don’t know about you but I don’t like my answer to either of these questions. I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, yet I still continue to reject him and ignore him. How that must hurt!

Just another reason why God is God. No one else would continue to love us over and over and over when treated so badly in return. Thank you God for being a god who loves me unconditionally, for loving me when I’m not lovable, and for loving me even when I don’t love you.

Have you told God you love him today? If not, now is the time to do it. He wants to hear it!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying they will find where God wants them to be. And you haven't let Journey down...we just love our church so much and we want everyone to know about it. I'm proud of you and so is God. Keep on inviting, girl! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaina-I had the same thing happen to me. At the end of the day you did the right thing. We can only hope and pray for those we try to lead. I continue to work with this couple that I invited-I will not give up. The bible says to press on. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Girl Scout Cookies are the Tagalongs - the chocolate covered peanut butter ones... Oh my, they do not last long in my house! Which are your faves? Jared showed up yesterday with 6 boxes... yes, 6! We are hoping to ration them out over the next few weeks/months... we'll see! :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this, I hope by now you feel totally light hearted, you know everyone has to find where they fit and what meets the needs they have, Journey is so special and you did great by inviting them, now the rest is up to the Lord, it may be they are needed some place else:) It is hard to visit a church and fit in, you almost have to have the vision from the Lord of what He is doing in the church and see your part:)

    In my book you are tops!!! so get there in yur book too:)))

    ReplyDelete