Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Poor Hubby

Andrew went in for his consultation today with the oral surgeon. The big day is April 10. They are taking all four of his wisdom teeth. I'm already scared for him. I know that isn't a huge deal and people have this done all the time but between my fear of the distance and need to constantly worry I'm already going crazy. He was telling me the process of them putting him to sleep. He is going to need a driver that will stay there with him the whole time. I immediately knew no matter what I wasn't going to school this day. Does he need me there, probably not. I need me there though. I need to be there for him for me. :) Thankfully that is Good Friday and I'm out of school. So I will be there with him probably praying through the whole thing. I was amazed at how fast this will be. They told him they start the drugs at nine and he would be on his way home by 10:30. FAST!! The good news is - we don't have to pay as much out of pocket as we thought.

6 comments:

  1. Is he using Dr. Tortorich? I loved him. Having all four out at once is hard, but if you did one at a time, you would never go back after the first one. :) He will definitely need you there. He's going to need someone to keep the drugs in him, to where they never wear off or he will be in severe pain. Let me know if I need to come to the house that week and help adminster drugs. Joy was my nurse when I had all four of mine out...she was awesome. It's always a little scary when you have to be put under, but He'll do great. I can be there with you, if you need support while supporting him. :)

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems all surgery is better now. He will be fine just some discomfort to go through. He is a blessed man to have you. I can read the love you have for him. I will remember him in my prayers on Good Friday. Blessings!Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had all 4 of mine taken out on Good Friday 6 years ago and it really wasnt bad. i even went out to dinner with some friends that night! Get references from the dentist if you dont know him and check them out. You want to make sure you are going to someone who is good at what he is doing! The time will fly and Andrew will do great I am sure! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good. I will start praying he will do well. If you need me to come - let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved the appointment to the 17th, so I'm not all doped up on Easter. I think we'll need Joy to come take care of Elaina and Jill while they're there to take care of me, and Mom to come take care of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I'm only having 3 of them taken out, one of them is already all the way in with plenty of room.

    ReplyDelete