Sunday, March 29, 2009

DC Day #10: Home Sweet Home

This post comes to you live from my very own bed here in Arkansas. Man does it feel good to be home. :)

Yesterday morning was another cold and rainy day in DC. We got up and headed over to Ford's Theatre to see the booth that President Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot. It was really neat. Crazy to think that the just let Booth in there with him. President Lincoln okayed it. They had no idea.

We didn't get to go across the street to the Peterson House where President Lincoln died. I was a little disappointed about that but my desire to be home far outweighed by disappointment yesterday.

After Ford's Theatre we went back to the condo to pack, then hopped on a couple of metro trains, a bus, and then finally the plane. The ride home wasn't nearly as bad as the ride there. I think it was because I was exhausted and realized and not worried about the flight in the least. We sat with this really nice older lady that we talked to most of the way home. She was funny. Her name was Hattie. :)

Cary, Sara, & Jackson met us at the airport to drive us home. When we got home I noticed that a pile of clothes that we left in our chair had been folded. We figured Nat did it one day while she had the dogs in the house. Then of course I went outside to love on my babies. They were very excited to have their mommy and daddy home. Unfortunately I had to leave them outside for a little while longer. When I came in from loving on them I noticed our bed at been made. Again I assumed Natalie. Sara said Natalie didn't do it and that we needed to look up in our bedroom. While we were away, Cary, Sara, & Jackson came over and put crown molding up in our bedroom. Brought tears to my eyes when I realized what they had done. I was so excited and grateful. And while Cary worked on that, Sara cleaned. Are they not just the greatest!!!!

After a few minutes to look through mail, we were back in the car and on our way to the bowling alley for our nephew's 16th birthday. Andrew actually bowled two games. I sat and talked. No way did I have the energy to bowl. Of course the first thing we did when we got to the bowling alley was give Jill & Alex a great big hug. There were tears again for Drew and me. We are just so darn excited.

We are excited for Cary & Sara too. I never mentioned that. Jackson is going to be a big brother. :) Super excited. All these babies will be here around Thanksgiving. I can't wait to meet all of them.

Anyways, after bowling we went over to Joy's for tacos and then home. We quickly bathed the dogs and then passed out in our bed.

Now we are getting ready for church. I feel like I haven't been to church in forever. I am so excited this morning. I have definitely missed my church while gone.

4 comments:

  1. you must think I'm awesome!! I thought it was great that they did all that then I felt guilty that I didn't fold your clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! It is always good to get back home. Crown molding wow! Great people they are, how thoughtful is that! I have enjoyed reading about your trip. Great idea to bring your computer along and record each day. I almost felt like I was there with you! So glad you had a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy you guys had a great vacation and even happier that you're home!! :)

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - it's great to know you are home safe and sound! I can't wait to hear in person about your trip. And I am glad you love your crown molding!
    Love,
    Mom W

    ReplyDelete