Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DC & Next Year

Getting ready to leave is becoming very stressful. I feel like I have so much that has to be done before Thursday. In fact I should probably be working on that long to do list instead of blogging. Oh well.

I can't believe we leave Thursday. Actually I still can't believe we are actually going. You see Andrew and I tend to be big dreamers and even big talkers. We say we are going to do a lot. Like our camping trip back in October - only took us five years to go camping. So the fact that back in January we said we wanted to go DC and now just two months later, we are going. For us that is pretty amazing.

I am still a little nervous about flying, but I've just been trying to give it to God and not worry about it. I'm still trying to decide if I should get something for motion sickness or not.

I'm also a little bummed about having to leave my puppies behind. I'm going to miss them. Thankfully we have a great friend who is going to stop by every day and check on them. She said she would even take some pics for me and post them on facebook.

Other than that, I am super excited about our trip. This will be the first trip for Andrew and I alone since our honeymoon. I'm ready to spend time alone with my hubby. And I am fully prepared to learn more about our country's history. Uncle Kevin sent us a few pictures of his condo today and it looks great. We can't thank him enough for letting us use his condo.



And on a different note, I finally had the opportunity to talk to my principal today about what I would be teaching next year. As of right now, I am on the schedule to teach four section of 7th grade science and two sections of 7th grade history. I am stoked!!! It is not my favorite history (it is ancient civilization), but hey it is history. I am already looking at my frameworks and forming ideas on things I can do.

I also talked to her about a program that I inherited when I started teaching there last year. It is called Hooked on Fishing Not on Drugs. Basically it is to get kids involved in fishing and even to teach them how. I have yet to do anything with this because I just don't know anything about fishing. Sorry Daddy, I know you tried. :) When I found out that one of our coaches was going to be teaching 8th grade history, I was hoping that I could put this HOFNOD off on him, or at least get him to help me. Well it turns out, he wants to start a fishing team and do something called Project Wet. He wants to do HOFNOD. I am super excited about that too!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have a blast in DC! Riding on the plane will be fun. Once you are up there, it doesnt feel like you are even moving. the take off and the landing are the only pieces that you will even notice. And, once you get there, it will all be worth it! This is a great time to visit DC. We are about a 5 hour drive and visit a couple of times a year. I would recommend going through the Holocaust Museum. While it is not a "fun" place to go, it is the best museum that i have been in up there. Have fun on your trip & take lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete