Friday, March 20, 2009

DC Day #2

Wow!! Did we do some walking today! We slept in this morning. Just too exhausted to get up and moving. We were out of the condo around 11 and headed to the National Museum of American History. We went through about half of that. Saw some really cool stuff. Learned that I am not good at tightening rivets on a plane. It is a good thing I'm not a woman who lives during WWII. LOL! We plan to go back there and finish checking the place out.

We had to leave to make our tour at the National Archives. I felt a little bit like Nicholas Cage in National Treasure, one of my favorite movies. It was really cool to be that close to such important and historical documents like the Declaration & The Bill of Rights.

After the Archives, we went for a walk in search of food. We walked quite a bit here, trying to take in all of our options. Despite my requesting something I can't have back home, we ended up @ Ruby Tuesday. It was quite yummy. While there, I decided that in my DC scrapbook I will need to dedicate a page or two to the chicken strips of DC. LOL!! I will be rating them so that you will know exactly where to go if you are ever wanting strips in DC.

After lunch, I requested a visit into the Museum of Science. I thought this would be really cool and I could get some good pics to take back to school. WRONG!!! Total waste of ten bucks. We were in their 16 minutes. It stunk. Tiny and boring and all about climate change. A whole museum devoted to something that doesn't exist.

So we moved on the National Museum of Portraits. I did not want to go in this one, just sounded boring to me. Turned out to be pretty cool. Got a couple of pics of portraits my kiddos just did research on in science, so I was excited about that. Plus they have this really cool atrium. It was so awesome and warm in there. It wasn't really cold today, but very windy. So this was a break from the wind. I could have sat in there all day.

After the Museum of Portraits we headed back to the Metro. On our walk, we snapped a few pics of the Washington Monument (the big pencil) and the Capital building. We went to this huge grocery store that smelled incredibly nasty. They sell fresh seafood there and oh my gosh did the grocery store stink. If our grocery store smelled like that, Andrew would have to buy all of our groceries because I would never go in there. Disgusting!!! Anyways we took our groceries and rode on the Metro back to the condo.

Speaking of which, just wait until I can post pictures and show you the escalator we ride up when we arrive at the condo stop. This is the largest escalator I have ever seen in my life. Andrew said it was like we are coming out of the core of the Earth. I feel like I'm just going to fall of a cliff when I reach the top. It is huge.

It is looking like I'm not going to get to post pics until I'm home. Our Internet here just can't handle it. But I'm getting lots of good ones. I will even be able to show you pics of the best chicken strips in DC.



I am really enjoying the time with Andrew. He has been such a sweetie today in everything we've done. I do miss my puppies though. I'm going crazy because I have not been able to reach Natalie to see how they are doing. Although, they are dogs so how can they be doing. I know this is a bit crazy, but this is one of those times when I really wish my dogs could talk. I would love to call home and talk to them.



4 comments:

  1. I am glad your haaving such a good time!!! I know what you mean on missing your dogs, when I leave Cali I call and check on her, she gets depressed wehn I leave her, she loves me as much as I love her:) HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun I want to go to DC so soo sooooo bad but russ and I have decided to put that trip off till the kids are old nuff to enjoy and learn from it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaina have you seen the Einstein statute. Ask where that is. You can actually sit on his lap-great for pics. It is somewheres around the Smithsonians area-sorry I can't rememeber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puffy shirt...I bet Drew loved that! :)

    ReplyDelete